Training ground

CherryBare - 14/8/2017 17:55

Did I miss something did we know we bought canford magna golf course? If that had got out everyone would have assumed that's where the stadium was going!

As I say they kept that very quiet.

Makes a lot of sense. The owner wanted to get a profit out of the land, golf course was losing money so closed it. Riverside course was never going to be anything else but a SANG (sustainable alternative natural green space) as it was too close to the river to be anything else. Planning permission for aggregate quarry thrown out due to various concerns from many parties, so potentially a great result all round. No quarry, no houses and lots of green space with naturally good pitch drainage for a proper training complex.

Very exciting news. Investing in the club with neglible immediate benefits but huge medium/long term. To think that the owner splashed the cash for the current facilities probably thinking they were to be temporary. What a time to be an AFCB fan.

CherryBare - 14/8/2017 18:14

Ohec on the ball as usual, no mention of this even after announced by the club

They have, a few hours ago. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15472187.Unveiled__AFC_Bournemouth_s_plans_for_new_multi_million_pound_training_complex/?Ref=twt

"The centre will offer first-class facilities including ten full-size pitches, three junior pitches, an indoor artificial playing surface, state-of-the-art medical, fitness, sports science and rehabilitation facilities, administrative space and a press conference theatre"

Hmmm, I guess not everyone will be happy about this ...........

tednphil
Posted 11/08/2017 07:35

Subject: Re: The New Summer Game - NSC Watch
#1003391 - in reply to #1003383

I agree chickn, re our training facilities. What's wrong with those we currently have at Kings Park?

The only thing you could maybe say is missing is a training.pitch under cover. But as far as I am aware, only once have we ever played a competitive match under a roof, so training has to be out in the open, similar to the matchday experience.

4FCB - 14/8/2017 18:50

"The centre will offer first-class facilities including ten full-size pitches, three junior pitches, an indoor artificial playing surface, state-of-the-art medical, fitness, sports science and rehabilitation facilities, administrative space and a press conference theatre"

tednphil

I agree chickn, re our training facilities. What's wrong with those we currently have at Kings Park?

The only thing you could maybe say is missing is a training.pitch under cover. But as far as I am aware, only once have we ever played a competitive match under a roof, so training has to be out in the open, similar to the matchday experience.

Why on earth would I not be happy with the news? I'm delighted that we can build such excellent training facilities.

My question with my quoted post is to query why the KP facilities are considered not good enough for a cat2 rating.

tednphil - 14/8/2017 18:59

tednphil

Why on earth would I not be happy with the news? I'm delighted that we can build such excellent training facilities.

My question with my quoted post is to query why the KP facilities are considered not good enough for a cat2 rating.

I'm only jesting tednphil.

It's extremely good news and from the looks of things, it probably means that the current facility will be taken by part of the new stadium.

Brilliant news for the first team.

I still think chasing cat 1 academy status is a forlorn hope but it would, at the very least, give us the facilities for cat 2.

I wonder what the schedule for development is? Also, I liked this sentence:

"Once the club’s planning application has been approved, work will begin immediately." Makes it feels like a fait accompli!

Excellent news, now looking forward to the Stadium design.
I take it the new stadium will be built the same angle as DC is now so it covers the current training pitch to the atheltic track, originally I thought it might be same angle as the track is.

Glad to see some use come out of my old golf course.

I presume the Riverside will be left untouched as flood plain, so hopefully no objections from those on the other side of the river.

red_house - 14/8/2017 19:56

jalalagood - 14/8/2017 18:40

Three words...
IN.
FRA.
STRUCTURE.

..without the £270 million debt :hihi:

Chew on that one Brighton

Now now red_house you know as well as anybody else that their £270m debt consists of magic money that doesn't count in the same way as normal debt because, er, their owner plays cards or something. Tbh I get confused with the logic.

tednphil - 14/8/2017 18:59

tednphil

Basic Cat 2 requirements is that for your Academy you need separate outdoor training pitch facilities from your main squad to include sole use of a G4 pitch with floodlights plus an indoor dome facility to be a backstop for inclement weather. I think CAT2 covers Under 23's down to Under 8's.

I'm lost.
All this cat this, cat that.
Do any of these cats produce players. For instance how many of these cat players have come through at say, Chelsea, Man City?

borisatha - 14/8/2017 15:50

I'm lost.
All this cat this, cat that.
Do any of these cats produce players. For instance how many of these cat players have come through at say, Chelsea, Man City?
its a business. probably a lot of it is to make money rather than bringing players through to the first team

Kelechi Iheanacho sold for 25 million this summer. That might help pay for a few more cones in the academy.

redharry - 14/8/2017 18:52

Earshot - 14/8/2017 18:49

So with the training ground becoming redundant, more space for the stadium to be built upon

all part of the grand plan I would imagine

Or a plot for a brand new athletics track? With current pavilion providing some facilities for the athletics club?

;