Training ground

bog_standard - 15/8/2017 18:09

I see Brenford will start building there new stadium in the early part of the new year according to sky sports, will finish the build in early 2020, that's for a 17500 stadium. We better get our fingers out if we're going to have the stadium finished for the start of the 2020/21 season. I wonder why it's going to take so long us to submit our planning application for our new ground?

I think you’ll have to factor in the location of the new Brentford stadium, next to Kew Bridge Station where there is probably existing developments to be demolished, and the fact that you’re dealing with London traffic every day, will naturally mean it will take longer than our new stadium, which is on a relatively ‘flat site’ with reasonable access.

No sign of any application on the Poole Planning Register that I can see.

Is it normal to take so long? The Council website suggests it should take no more than five days to upload the documents.

Surprised by this, I was checking the planning site myself and was surprised it never seemed to be on there

Unless it's been fast tracked like the training pitch building, but even that ended up on the site but different coucnil so who knows

Sorry Roger - 23/8/2017 10:47

Is it normal to take so long? The Council website suggests it should take no more than five days to upload the documents.

I was thinking the same yesterday.

Sam AFCB - 23/8/2017 10:58

The decision on the planning application for 324 dwellings on the other side of Magna Road discussed at a Planning Committee meeting on 27 July is still shrouded in secrecy.

Sam AFCB - 23/8/2017 10:58

I'm not from Bournemouth, but . . . it's August. Staff on holidays, etc.
Is that a possible explanation?

We're not much the wiser as to specific details but it can only be in place of the existing golf club buildings and part of the Parkland Golf Course.

The Riverside course features as a land swap for the loss of land on the south side of Magna Road should that be approved for 324 dwellings.

As a Bearwood resident I would be more than happy using the Canford Magna GC for AFCB training facility but I have objected to the housing development as that land should have been re-classified as green belt once the relief road never came to fruition.

Mightily impressive plans. Just gone through it all. Very professional and forward thinking. If the club use the same architects for the Kings Park Stadium development I think we'll all be very happy indeed.

1.1 of Design and Access statement refers to the need to deliver a Youth Academy that satisfies the FA Premier League's Category A criteria.
Must applaud everyone concerned for thinking so far ahead. Whether it will still be a closed shop is another matter.

ajp28 - 25/8/2017 01:39

Mightily impressive plans. Just gone through it all. Very professional and forward thinking. If the club use the same architects for the Kings Park Stadium development I think we'll all be very happy indeed.

kitso - 25/8/2017 02:29

1.1 of Design and Access statement refers to the need to deliver a Youth Academy that satisfies the FA Premier League's Category A criteria.
Must applaud everyone concerned for thinking so far ahead. Whether it will still be a closed shop is another matter.

Without having the time to read through the plans these comments sound very encouraging indeed. :clap:

It does look very impressive and strikes me as a thoughtful adaptation of the site.

However the highlight for me is this near perfect description kof Ken Bailey's Ghost: 'a contemporary reinterpretation of agrarian vernacular design'.

There's even a stand in the middle of the complex for spectators, well two stands that back into each other so you can seat in either direction.

It would be genuine legacy stuff. Let's hope it gets the rubber stamp and the first phase is ready for the start of next season!

Proper statement by the club of it's ambition for legacy. This design is up there with the very best. If they deliver next on Kings park stadium we have so much to be grateful for, and also it's so clear these plans have Eddie's footprints all over it. Circular dressing rooms for the first team, eg. I think it illustrates that Eddie sees himself staying here for a good few years yet. He will be motivated to see his vision of turning the club into a proper PL powerhouse realised. Think that is now very important to him. Then he can run off and manage England if he wants.

" At present, many children in the Poole-Bournemouth area are attracted to join the academies of rival teams, in part by the superior training and educational facilities that other clubs offer. A local academy will help the area to retain and nurture the local pool of footballing talent. "

"Befitting its status as a Premier League club, AFCB's objective is to achieve Category 1 status. To achieve this, the club needs to accord with the Development Rules, which set out the Category 1 criteria. "

:afcb:
Fair play for stating intent to give Cat 1 a go. I'd be skeptical of us being allowed to get it, but let's give it a go!!

Considering Joe Roach, in his time away from DC, was heavily involved in assessing club's academies, I would be quite confident in us being able to achieve the goal we set out to achieve...

... and perhaps this was one reason why Joe remained, or that the club did everything they could to keep him involved...

Well done to all regardless...

;