Tyler Adams

I guess it gives us more interest in the US which helps Bill's ambitions. His presence alone could even be enough to see us get an invite to that US summer tournament.

What's encouraging is plenty on here seem to rate him. Can't say he stood out to me but I believe in your collective judgement. Excellent, if it comes off!

Sure if we were interested Chelscum would have gazumped us as they don’t want anyone else signing players!

We'll see if we can get this one across the line, obviously the medical is the big thing here. He's supposed to be out until September.

But a future midfield with Scott and Adams is super exciting.

Could see this one coming a mile off, American, defensive midfielder, fairly decent player, plays for Leeds, injured.....

This could be another major coupe in the long run.

The bonus here is that Tyler Adams can also play RB, which provides us versatility if Aarons is out for a while with his injury.

Are there not any decent midfielders out there who, I don’t know, are actually fit to play straight away? A radical thought I know.
I know the need is immediate. But why settle for lesser players?

We were always going to struggle for points to start the season. Whether we got midfielders in or not we were going to struggle against Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Brighton, and Arsenal.

But now, as the schedule gets easier into October we're now set up to field a very exciting midfield of Philip, Scott, and Adams. Could be among the best in the league if they stay healthy moving forward.

I'm willing to roll with Rothwell and Christie in the middle for another 4-6 weeks of tough games if it means a strong MF when we get into games we could/should win.

We were always going to struggle for points to start the season. Whether we got midfielders in or not we were going to struggle against Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Brighton, and Arsenal.

But now, as the schedule gets easier into October we're now set up to field a very exciting midfield of Philip, Scott, and Adams. Could be among the best in the league if they stay healthy moving forward.

I'm willing to roll with Rothwell and Christie in the middle for another 4-6 weeks of tough games if it means a strong MF when we get into games we could/should win.
Right player for 30 games or slightly inferior for 38…I would go for the former given out tough start.

No, we must sign an inferior player over a 5 year contract because we play Liverpool on Saturday in a game that we will probably lose even if we signed Bellingham.

If Cook is going to be fit enough to play then the four weeks means nothing as we'll have a first team player available for that position. I'm still quite interested to see how LC gets on in an Iraola setup. Was there any news on how long he may be missing?

It we have to patch together a midfield until Adams is back though, then so be it.

I wonder if any other club will try and insert themselves as a possible option for the deal?

My only concern is that if he thought he was going to Chelsea and is now coming to us, how motivated is he going to be? I guess it depends on his attitude. He may think 'I need to play crazily well, so I have another chance with them signing me in the future'... or he may feel sorry for himself. Let's hope it's the former.

If Cook is going to be fit enough to play then the four weeks means nothing as we'll have a first team player available for that position. I'm still quite interested to see how LC gets on in an Iraola setup. Was there any news on how long he may be missing?

It we have to patch together a midfield until Adams is back though, then so be it.

I wonder if any other club will try and insert themselves as a possible option for the deal?
Think cook is not a serious injury

;