Tyler Adams

I will be so fucking ecstatic if this comes off!My favorite USA player and is exactly what we need in the midfield.Dont think huge hamstring issue and a great price.

Love this dude and will post my USA Adam's shirt if confirmed as I really do have one haha.

Get it done!
Is he a similar type of player to Lerma (a tough tackling No 6?) Looking at the stats he seems to be, just hope we can keep him fit! A No 6 is what we desperately need after watching Sat as it can then release Rothwell and PhilBill (Philip) further forward.

We are seriously cooking if we sign Tyler .. just need a out and out number 9 and the players out injured back and we should be looking at 10th and above !!

Is he a similar type of player to Lerma (a tough tackling No 6?) Looking at the stats he seems to be, just hope we can keep him fit! A No 6 is what we desperately need after watching Sat as it can then release Rothwell and PhilBill (Philip) further forward.
I never perceived him as a physical presence such as Lerma, but maybe I have underestimated that if the stats indicate otherwise. For me he did often fill the role of coming deep to pick up the ball, and then turn and play "quarterback". I think we saw him do that in the World Cup.

We were always going to struggle for points to start the season. Whether we got midfielders in or not we were going to struggle against Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Brighton, and Arsenal.

But now, as the schedule gets easier into October we're now set up to field a very exciting midfield of Philip, Scott, and Adams. Could be among the best in the league if they stay healthy moving forward.

I had a similar thought. Many of the teams that we expect will be around us through the season also have "tough starts" over the first 7 weeks. If we can stay afloat with just a handful of points and get healthy, that talent can position us well by the time Christmas/mid-season rolls around.

We turned down Jackson on a 5 year contract because he was injured for a few weeks. Can’t have it both ways.
But that was in the January window when we were desperately looking for cover for Solanke, who was injured. We needed a player who could come in and do a job straight away, which evidently Jackson couldn’t ( although pre-medical it was thought that he could be fit in a few weeks, hence our continued interest ).
This is a totally different situation.
We don’t need this guy desperately in the next few games but he would be a decent player to have in the squad for the rest of the season.
So for me it’s completely understandable that his current injury is not putting us off.
In the summer window we would have almost certainly taken the punt on Jackson for the same reasons IMO.

Our club decided that it was worth signing Alex Scott who could be out for two months.

Now it seems our club are interested in Adams who could be out until after the September international break.

Last season they decided not to sign Jackson as he was a player that we needed to play straight away in our fight to stay out of the three relegation places.

Recently our club medical staff got it spot on when Gaetano Castrovilli was found to have a problem during his medical and the signing didn’t go ahead.

Will Adams perform better for our club than he did at Elland Road?

The answer to that only time will tell.

Really glad we've moved to replace Lerma. Always thought this was our weakest link. As Billy said, whatever happens next happens.

Not as physical as Lerma could be at timees, but he can be gritty if you will when he needs to be and has gotten way better defensively over the past couple seasons in both his tackling, tracking back, etc.

Can pick a pass when needed and truly loves the game, can tell that when he plays.

So would not 100 percent say a Lerma like for like replacement, but say 90 percent haha; think he can do quite well under Iraola if the deal goes through.

Better than Lerma imo. Can defend just as well as Lerma but Adams is a better passer and can drive forward with the ball and is press resistant. Is only 23 I think and can still get better. Hope he chooses us over pool as he’s be a starter for us but money talks

Better than Lerma imo. Can defend just as well as Lerma but Adams is a better passer and can drive forward with the ball and is press resistant. Is only 23 I think and can still get better. Hope he chooses us over pool as he’s be a starter for us but money talks
Lerma made 50 tackles in 37 games last year. Adams made 89 in 24 games. While there's more to the holding role than just tackles, it's a good indicator that Adams could be a good upgrade.

He wouldn’t choose us over Liverpool, obviously, but Liverpool would actually have to choose him first.

;