Tyrone Mings

Mings in his first interview this morning on sky sports news.

"My head and my heart were at Aston Villa. I was back at Bournemouth in my Aston Villa kit with my medal on."

:shrug: He's gotta be seen to say the right things to soothe his new fanbase's gigantic ego.

If he could have one of his trademark cluster-f*cks against us, that'd be cool. But otherwise, what does it matter. Hope he makes something of himself at this level and keeps those additional clauses coming in.

:shrug: He's gotta be seen to say the right things to soothe his new fanbase's gigantic ego.

If he could have one of his trademark cluster-f*cks against us, that'd be cool. But otherwise, what does it matter. Hope he makes something of himself at this level and keeps those additional clauses coming in.

I think all our defenders with the exception of Ake has had cluster F*ck at some point. :oops:

To be fair, I think Mings was very diplomatic in that interview... Could have easily started laying into AFC Bournemouth and his time here but said the right things and moves on with no (public) ill feeling...

Interesting that he doesn't put his time out purely down to injuries tho...

To be fair, I think Mings was very diplomatic in that interview... Could have easily started laying into AFC Bournemouth and his time here but said the right things and moves on with no (public) ill feeling...

Interesting that he doesn't put his time out purely down to injuries tho...

Also that suspension.

Indeed... I was referring more to the comments made that he had been fit for more time than most thought... I guess if you're looking at raw ability, then Ake is way ahead of Mings... Could he have done a job for us at LB when we were struggling there...??? Maybe...

Fro whatever reason he moved further down the pecking order and was the best thing all round for him to move to Villa...

Another centre back from Brentford.

SSN

VILLA CLOSE IN ON KONSA
Aston Villa are closing in on the signing of Brentford centre-back Ezri Konsa, Sky Sports News understands.

Talks are understood to be progressing over a £12m deal, which would trigger a release clause in his contract.

Earlier this month Sky Sports News revealed that Brentford’s West London rivals Fulham were keen to sign Konsa on loan. But he looks set to join back up with ex-Bees boss Dean Smith at Villa Park, as the newly-promoted side add more defensive options on top of the signing of Tyrone Mings.

Brentford, of course, brought in Pontus Jansson from Leeds at centre-back this week.

Terrible match that was lost Daniels and Minds within ten minutes of each other, was Gradel also that game or the week before/after?

;