Tyrone Mings

One other reason to care is that when former players go on to big things it can reflect well on our club, to the extent that their development can be attributed to their time here.
If we get a reputation for producing great players, it can only help us in various ways.

Big things ! Great players!

Bournemouths Sense of Purpose ! We help others and it helps to help ourselves!

I did once say that we are All learning ..right through to the end.....
So maybe i'll take that concept onboard!

As well as being an ex-player, there's something interesting about Mings.

He's unusually articulate, he's quite a character, he seems to attract comment and controversy wherever he goes.

Something tells me he has a few more colourful episodes in his career yet to come.

Indeed. Despite my previous post, part of me wouldn't be surprised if he became a top class centre back.

Or... it will be even more interesting if the club he left...finishes above his club ...and then goes on to be a colourful top club playing in Europe ( our ultimate aim I would hope!).

One other reason to care is that when former players go on to big things it can reflect well on our club, to the extent that their development can be attributed to their time here.
If we get a reputation for producing great players, it can only help us in various ways.
In that case Ipswich deserve the credit and recognition. We did fcuk all, relatively speaking.

Jesus Derek, that’s a tenuous link. Eddie didn’t play him so he left. Villa could see he was a good player, Eddie less so.

Tenuous link? It's what happened. Eddie's said he rated him, just not as highly as Ake, and he's right. It's not rocket science is it.

Tbf Mepham doesn't look that far behind Mings going on form from the last few games and he was £15m cheaper and is a fair bit younger. I don't see the issue personally.

Reactions: DJ
God he was poor wasn't he?..... surely someone should have a word about those attempted 40yrd passes that ended up in the stands.....he just kept doing it!

God he was poor wasn't he?..... surely someone should have a word about those attempted 40yrd passes that ended up in the stands.....he just kept doing it!

It was also his attempted clearance from the wall that gave us possession back after the free kick leading to the 2nd goal. Sunday league stuff.

It was also his attempted clearance from the wall that gave us possession back after the free kick leading to the 2nd goal. Sunday league stuff.

Per other thread, thought he was ball watching for the first; flat footed and standing too deep. Embarrassing foul for a booking. Ake showed why mings didn’t get picked above him.

Just do not understand the hype. Have always said he can look imperious for 90% of a game but will then make a stupid error which gifts a goal. He has all the physical attributes to be a top centre back but very few of the mental ones, concentration, focus, decision making, positioning ect. At this level this will be costly.

Wilson by himself had all 3 Villa defenders on strings for an hour. To my eye, Mings initially lined up on the left of their 3, but was moved into the central slot after 20 or so mins, purely because they couldn't get a grip on Callum.

Mings seemed as awkward as he ever did here as was lucky to avoid giving away a penalty.

;