Tyrone Mings

How many ways are there to take it? You're literally saying he needs to shut up about his mental health issues and just play football. Thankfully, other people seem to be advising him that keeping things bottled up is not healthy and by speaking publicly he can help break the taboo that surrounds mental health, especially for men. He's also drawing attention to the fact that online abuse has real life consequences. A brave thing to do. Good luck to him.

He probably hasn't got any serious mental health issues...he just wants attention...like many other celebs...when thing don't go as they ' expected'..its happening almost every day on the news!..Ordinary folk suffer the same fates....but the World doesn't need to hear it ..just their GP!

He probably hasn't got any serious mental health issues...he just wants attention...like many other celebs...when thing don't go as they ' expected'..its happening almost every day on the news!..Ordinary folk suffer the same fates....but the World doesn't need to hear it ..just their GP!

If ordinary folk feel inspired to actually go to their GP because they see their football/tennis/gymnastics heroes also suffering from mental health issues then the world very much does need to hear it (whether they get the help they need is another story...). If highlighting the psychological damage of online abuse makes people think twice about posting it, then, again, the world does need to know.

How many ways are there to take it? You're literally saying he needs to shut up about his mental health issues and just play football. Thankfully, other people seem to be advising him that keeping things bottled up is not healthy and by speaking publicly he can help break the taboo that surrounds mental health, especially for men. He's also drawing attention to the fact that online abuse has real life consequences. A brave thing to do. Good luck to him.

I think if he wants to talk about it, fine. Hopefully, he and others can benefit from him doing that. If others want their struggles to remain private, that's equally fine. Each to their own way. Pretty sure he said before that he struggled when he was with us because of injuries and being out of the team. I think there is still a mental health stigma within the football world, so if he's helping one other player who's in trouble to reach out for help then that makes this good.

Of course, just as with physical health, it is possible to make a meal out of mental health problems. Someone with slight sniffles may exaggerate their cold to get off work, indulge themselves or get sympathy from others. Likewise, you could feel slightly down and do the same. There is a risk that society will become desensitised to mental health if every slight down moment is expressed to the media and those who are really struggling might not be taken seriously and get the help they need. But, do I think Tyrone is milking this? Absolutely not. I think he's a top pro and mental health issues are an ongoing thing for him reading between the lines. I think we need to trust him and other pros when they talk about such things. Glad he has someone he can talk to about things.

Mental health is a very devious illness. It can affect anyone at any time and there is often no outward sign. With three members of my extended family suffering from various form of the illness I am well aware of how it can affect someone in the public eye with everything they do being scrutinised by all and sundry. We need to accept that this is a nasty illness and can end up as a life ending one. Help them not criticise them!

This sort of insidious greed however...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...g-ground-as-he-seeks-transfer-manchester-city

doesn't garner much sympathy from me.
Although I can understand that if he actually wants to win something then leaving the Spuds is probably a prerequisite. He needs to keep working though, he was happy enough to sign the contract he is currently under so needs to honour it until it is terminated, I totally agree. Very unprofessional. Contrast with Grealish's behaviour. Very professional !

So can you or me...in fact the public in general...but not many outside our circle of family or friends will ' have to know '..!
But we don't carry out our jobs in full view of 50,000 people and millions more through the medium of TV

Thousands of people don't in unison scream abuse at me when I make a mistake at work (good job, really....)

Surely it's a good thing when someone in the public eye admits to not being perfect, too many problems are caused by people trying to emulate a view of perfection as promoted by certain forms of media, whether that be physical or mental perfection

We have had this problem for years in football.

Players like George Best, Paul Gascoigne and many others.

But it was mentioned in the media at the time that one or the other had problems and it then disappeared from the news, until for some reason they were in the news again.

Now up to 2021 and it seems more players/sports people are talking about their problems openly, which has had the effect of bringing this issue to the front both publicly and politically and it seems the problem is being taken more seriously along with normal health problems.

So the answer is then ..get a normal job....serve your community. ..if you get famous..you take what goes with it ...
...born ..eat sh*t....die...! Haha...got some of you onside maybe...haha your joking brian...not a hope !

;