Tyrone Mings

Interesting discussion on TalkSPORT earlier today. I missed the start so didn’t get to hear who the expert guest was but he was castigating Villa for sacking Dean Smith given the job he’s done and the way that the club have sold their best players eg Grealish. He was particularly critical of some of Villa’s players who have let the manager and the club down and he cited Mings in particular as someone who believes his own hype ie that he should be playing at a higher level/is too good for the club when apparently his performances have been suspect.

Interesting discussion on TalkSPORT earlier today. I missed the start so didn’t get to hear who the expert guest was but he was castigating Villa for sacking Dean Smith given the job he’s done and the way that the club have sold their best players eg Grealish. He was particularly critical of some of Villa’s players who have let the manager and the club down and he cited Mings in particular as someone who believes his own hype ie that he should be playing at a higher level/is too good for the club when apparently his performances have been suspect.

I think that's harsh...Mings can sometimes be read as arrogant when I dont feel he is.

Mings hasn't let anyone down by making mistakes...that's just Ming's. He doesn't do it deliberately and has done it all his career. His physicality enables him to make up for those mistakes a lot of the time.

I think that's harsh...Mings can sometimes be read as arrogant when I dont feel he is.

Mings hasn't let anyone down by making mistakes...that's just Ming's. He doesn't do it deliberately and has done it all his career. His physicality enables him to make up for those mistakes a lot of the time.

Yeah, thats why I've I always questioned him making it as a top centre back and his inclusion for England.

Immense physically, but lapses in concentration and being prone to errors too often to be considered by best clubs.

He doesn;t do it deliberately, but ultimately mistakes are mistakes.

Don't shoot the messenger. I was merely regaling what the invited expert (close to/associated with Villa) had said. He was very critical about the attitude of several players and singled out Mings in particular.

I don't think he's a terrible player but I still feel we did well out of that deal. I'd have Kelly as better than him already.

Unfortunately these reports do not surprise me. Seems to be very out spoken about a lot of subjects and then gets offended when called out on this. Probably best to just concentrate on football and see if he can reach the goals he has set himself.

Yeah, thats why I've I always questioned him making it as a top centre back and his inclusion for England.

Immense physically, but lapses in concentration and being prone to errors too often to be considered by best clubs.

He doesn;t do it deliberately, but ultimately mistakes are mistakes.

In fairness to Mings, all of the current choices for England, Stones, Slabhead, etc - are prone to errors

If Howe is to come in for one of our players I think it will be him or Lerma.

Agreed. I think they're the two he's most likely to want. Lerma would be a real asset in their relegation battle in my opinion. Whether he'd want to swap potential promotion down here, where by all accounts he's pretty settled, for potential relegation in a new environment is another matter. Depends on the money offered I suppose.

;