VAR

VAR does not ensure the right decision. It's still a human decision reviewing technology.

And yes, I would still prefer the officials on the pitch making their decision, rather than the morons in whatever caravan they're situated.
Agreed, it doesn't generally ensure it, I meant in this case. If talking more generally, I would say very many more right decisions from VAR.

In our match Vs Luton, wouldn't most morons off the pitch made a better decision than the moronic one on it.

For me, I would rather improve things by putting people in the caravan capable of making better decisions than go back to days of accepting poor decisions just so that we know we can pin it on the man in black, shout abuse because his one pair of eyes can't see what 10,000 can and form an angry mob by his car when it all gets to much.

Progress isn't without pain.

Agreed, it doesn't generally ensure it, I meant in this case. If talking more generally, I would say very many more right decisions from VAR.

In our match Vs Luton, wouldn't most morons off the pitch made a better decision than the moronic one on it.

For me, I would rather improve things by putting people in the caravan capable of making better decisions than go back to days of accepting poor decisions just so that we know we can pin it on the man in black, shout abuse because his one pair of eyes can't see what 10,000 can and form an angry mob by his car when it all gets to much.

Progress isn't without pain.
Depends whether the change is progress.

VAR has shone a light on just how silly the offside laws are. They were introduced to stop goal hanging, not to be in front of a defender by a toenail. We should reverse it so that the whole of a player's body should be beyond the last defender.

VAR has shone a light on just how silly the offside laws are. They were introduced to stop goal hanging, not to be in front of a defender by a toenail. We should reverse it so that the whole of a player's body should be beyond the last defender.

Highlighted even further by the change in the handball law to appease the introduction of VAR.

We had the daylight rule once upon a time. I’m sure we will return to that. Arsene Wenger backs it and I believe he’s part of the decisions process?

So can we have our goal against Burnley given back to us.......................................
What a farce this whole thing is, and how glad I am that we are not part of the VAR circus.

Just had to google that! Back to common sense accidental handball?

Poor binary types will be all in a muddle again.

Offside lines will also not be drawn from the t-shirt line anymore.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56291850

A player could pass the ball after a handball and it doesn’t matter ..

But they might accidentally control the ball and score without intent and the goal will be ruled out.

So could still be contentious and debatable?

so, straight back to not being able to celebrate a goal then. great! :Fingers:

Highlighted even further by the change in the handball law to appease the introduction of VAR.

We had the daylight rule once upon a time. I’m sure we will return to that. Arsene Wenger backs it and I believe he’s part of the decisions process?

The daylight rule never existed...

VAR has shone a light on how pgmol has failed to improve the performance of match officials. Bad workmen making a possibly useful tool do the job worse.

VAR has shone a light on how pgmol has failed to improve the performance of match officials. Bad workmen making a possibly useful tool do the job worse.
Don't talk ********************************. Its a tool that undermines officials and allows them not to make important decisions.

Para taken from match day preview thread re 1957 Quarter-Final.

Our goalscorer that day.

However, two hotly-disputed goals from Johnny Berry, the second a penalty, saw United progress, the Red Devils going on to lose in the final to Aston Villa.

Recalling the events of the sixth-round encounter, Bedford, now 87 and living in his native south Wales, told afcb.co.uk: “To this day, I say both goals shouldn’t have been allowed.

“The first one was blatantly offside and the second one was never a handball for the penalty. But the referee allowed both to stand and that was us finished. We couldn’t come back after that.”

Asked whether VAR could have helped the Cherries, Bedford replied: “Possibly, yes. But I don’t approve of VAR quite honestly.

“As far as I’m concerned, if you can’t trust a referee to get a decision right, what the hell is he doing out there?”

;