VAR

I'm not defending it, I'm just pointing out that you are incapable of separating laws of the game and VAR from each other. The law is crap but it is what it is.

It’s quite obvious the law change came about as part of the introduction of VAR and some of the handballs that are given would never have been given if it was purely down to the naked eye. So the rule is rubbish and it’s compounded a million percent by VAR.

To claim it’s only implemented in this way in the Premier League is clearly wrong.

I like this quote from Danny Baker tonight:

"Everybody pointing out Mike Dean's balls-ups in the past - I'd still rather leave a ground fuming/laughing at a referee than feel bludgeoned and sidelined by a f*****g machine and its dubious faceless committee".

Could someone explain how Brighton got a penalty yesterday through VAR overruling the refs correct decision, while we didn't get a penalty at Southampton when VAR confirmed the refs incorrect decision. Utter feckin madness.

The Brighton penalty is an absolute farce. As is the City goal.

The fact that Brighton's is the first decision over turned which isn't even a penalty is just madness.
Funny how we get a decision like Brightons just a few days after the media criticise VAR for not awarding enough penalties where refs haven't given it.

The only way VAR allowed Man City's goal yesterday was by pretending they thought DeBruyne had scored it, even though they could see DaSilva was claiming it? You can excuse the ref not seeing it but the replays showed it clearly. Terrible decision, especially when compared to the disallowed goal against West Ham because Ake was supposedly interfering with play, which again the replays showed he wasn't.

Scrap it - just scrap it.

All it does is give another incompetent referee chances to make wrong calls and ruin the flow of the game.

it’s just highlighting how poor our “top referees” are.

Scrap it - just scrap it.

All it does is give another incompetent referee chances to make wrong calls and ruin the flow of the game.

it’s just highlighting how poor our “top referees” are.

I think the worst thing is that you can understand that a ref might be unsighted or something happens so fast that they just can't tell what's happened, but when an incident is slowed down and shown from different angles it just becomes ridiculous that they make the same wrong decisions.

;