Watford v AFC Bournemouth Preview

I ran a coach to this one, as I recall Cosy Coaches ran 27 coaches. It was sit down and enjoy the spectacle and the sunshine on the big open end ( it was nearer the pub ) after we went two up.

One of Harry Redknapp's first appearances for us and it didn't take long to find out that he wasn't the best player to have in the team when the chips were down, as they were in the second half
A bit like his teams away from home 89-92

On my way to work early one Sunday morning recently the BBC science programme was discussing the magnetic fields of earth and their effect on migrating birds and animals also - very interesting.

Yes, but why do they have to face towards the magnetic fields?

Oi am smoking A Fag.....we have 3 goals in the bag ...oi'l get my coat gaffer! Just let my mates back in.. after all you did win at our place last year you miserable Hertferdshire git!
And then he danced all the way back to Boscombe on clouds and rainbows! What a day!

Last edited:
Sheep tend to stand with their backs to the wind when it is cold, but even on sunny days, cows, sheep and even deer all tend to face in the same direction. Research looking at satellite images has shown that they prefer to align themselves north to south.

So, returning to the most important post on this thread, imagine you are a wolf. You fancy venison for dinner. All the deer are facing south. How easy can it be? You circle round and come up behind them from the north when they are all facing south. So how come:

A) deer aren't extinct; and
B) wolves aren't fat?

So, returning to the most important post on this thread, imagine you are a wolf. You fancy venison for dinner. All the deer are facing south. How easy can it be? You circle round and come up behind them from the north when they are all facing south. So how come:

A) deer aren't extinct; and
B) wolves aren't fat?

Wind ;)

I don’t believe it was our worst performance, we adjusted to their game plan. They tried to stop us playing out from the back so that when we hit it long they came back at us and then we caught them in the break. The sending off stopped that plan for them. Well done to Eddie and Lads.

Sure, I was mostly referencing 50 mins to the end of the game when we were very sloppy and lacked any intensity. Understandable when leading 4-0 though.

Can't believe on their forum some of them are still moaning about the yellow card for the foul on Begovic. Unless they think it was a straight red? And they seem think WE are trying to engineer a rivalry:rofl:

A masterclass in pace and passing to cause so many problems on the counter-attack.

Inept tactical nouse from Watford to play into our hands in that respect.

Funnily enough, some of the counter attacks seemed to be far more visual due to the fact that we were wearing the white shirts. If only we’d gone for a ‘turf-green’ away kit :grinning:

;