Wee Man

I've got no idea if he's depressed or not and neither do you.

Then again I'm not calling him a fragile little buttercup am I?

Your post was quite cringeworthy to be honest.
Great thanks for the feed back. He is moaning about something or other every week in the press, he wasn’t starting enough games, Eddie told him not to cross, Eddie played him on the wrong side, it’s all the defenders faults, his friends have left him..... are you not getting fed up of this guys constant negative spouting off to the press too? Fair enough if not you are more patient than I am. All the constant whinging does make him come across as mentally fragile tbh.

Lots of people seem to be overreacting to quotes by a footballer once again. I really don’t think Wee Man has the intelligence or cunning to do an interview like this to push for a move. It just sounds like a player opening up about living a long way from home and missing his friends.

I’m sure plenty of footballers (or young men in general) have similar feelings it’s just rare to hear a footballer speak so honestly about a topic like this. If I were a journalist, I’d want to do an interview with Fraser as you know you are going to get honest answers rather than the same old cliches other players come up with.
He clearly isn’t the brightest. But can’t someone close to him just tell him to stop doing interviews!?

He clearly isn’t the brightest. But can’t someone close to him just tell him to stop doing interviews!?
I don’t think he should be publically questioning Eddie’s tactics or anything like that but this interview is something completely different. Whether he has a genuine mental health issue or just simply came across more down than he intended in this interview I’m not sure but I think it’s refreshing to hear a player talk quite openly

As Billy says there may well be loneliness, depression or some other mental health issue in play here.

You appear to not have any understanding of these things whatsoever.
Hopefully not mental issues. Could be a case of sulking as not getting/got his own way re a move.

I seem to recall that when Ryan first came down here, his girlfriend came with him, but she soon went back home to Scotland can't have been easy. And it sounds like he doesn't have a girlfriend at the moment, which is sad.

Now, there must be a delightful young lady in Dorset somewhere who would take Ryan's fancy and cheer him up !

Come on girls, step forward.

I seem to recall that when Ryan first came down here, his girlfriend came with him, but she soon went back home to Scotland can't have been easy. And it sounds like he doesn't have a girlfriend at the moment, which is sad.

Now, there must be a delightful young lady in Dorset somewhere who would take Ryan's fancy and cheer him up !

It actually says in the article that he has a girlfriend now! Both in The Athletic and the article BTK posted

Lots of people seem to be overreacting to quotes by a footballer once again. I really don’t think Wee Man has the intelligence or cunning to do an interview like this to push for a move. It just sounds like a player opening up about living a long way from home and missing his friends.

I’m sure plenty of footballers (or young men in general) have similar feelings it’s just rare to hear a footballer speak so honestly about a topic like this. If I were a journalist, I’d want to do an interview with Fraser as you know you are going to get honest answers rather than the same old cliches other players come up with.

I totally agree. None of that ‘when you cross that white line’ and ‘put this one behind us, thanks for your support, we go again!’ drivel at least.

Boys, gender neutral and transsexuals also welcome...

I thought I’d PC your request David so it is right for a modern message board. :grinning:

Great thanks for the feed back. He is moaning about something or other every week in the press, he wasn’t starting enough games, Eddie told him not to cross, Eddie played him on the wrong side, it’s all the defenders faults, his friends have left him..... are you not getting fed up of this guys constant negative spouting off to the press too? Fair enough if not you are more patient than I am. All the constant whinging does make him come across as mentally fragile tbh.

I can see why it pisses you off but tbh I'd much rather a bit of honesty from players and to give them a bit of leeway as a result. The only time recently I can remember being a little put out by a player's actions was Mings' stunts in the summer. Whilst I could certainly see why he wanted to go and agreed with his reasons I thought it was cheep stunts with the station thing - from a bloke who comes across as quite bright.

Fraser is unfortunately not happy at AFCB and will have to either sort out what's wrong or leave. Perhaps he's in the paper too much atm but his career is on the line tbf. Even if it is largely his doing.

Wee Man sounds unhappy with life in general, not necessarily with AFCB.
Perhaps his agent is concentrating too much on getting a nice fee for himself rather than concerning himself with the well-being and contentment of his client.

he was on the beach this afternoon with his dog. he did look pretty bored. I was tempted to mention marc pugh to him...... but he looked grumpy enuf already

I've got no idea if he's depressed or not and neither do you.

Then again I'm not calling him a fragile little buttercup am I?

Your post was quite cringeworthy to be honest.
Strewth, you and lost in Brum should be best mates. You both think your opinions are the only right ones. I'd hate to be your neighbour

I really think he should not be talking to the press for a while, there is obviously something wrong with his mental well being. Whether that is an actual medical reason or just the fact he is unhappy here, I'm not his doctor so won't know. If I was Eddie, I wouldn't be allowing him to talk this freely. Its one thing hearing some details on a players life but his recent interviews have been quite hard to read and if I was his team mate, I would be questioning what he's saying out loud.

I really think he should not be talking to the press for a while, there is obviously something wrong with his sweat glands. Whether that is an actual medical reason or just the fact he is lying here, I'm not his doctor so won't know. If I was HM, I wouldn't be allowing him to talk this freely. Its one thing hearing some details on a paedophiles life but his recent interviews have been quite hard to watch and if I was his PR team, I would be questioning what he's saying out loud.
I couldn't resist changing your post, sorry!

I'll leave you to get back on topic.

;