Wee Man

I actually think Ryan comes across as kind of a deep person. I don't think he's interested in reeling off meaningless platitudes for the sake of it and, I dunno, he seems more human to me than your average footballer. I'm so grateful I got to live out my dream but whatever good fortune befalls you doesn't always mitigate the alienation, disappointment and frustration we can all feel from time to time, nor is it particularly useful when other people assume you shouldn't have those feelings because you did alright out of life.

The Ohec has a piece on this, lifted from this article. It sounds deeper than Fraser just missing friends, to me it's about team spirit and togetherness. That's what created such a brilliant team and squad. I don't think it can be replicated in the premier league....

I see what you're driving at but why aren't we hearing similar from other members of 'the old guard' or seeing evidence of discord among them on the pitch?

Also, seeing as the season's gone pretty well so far, if what you imply is true does it really matter?

Something is amiss with Ryan and has been for a while now but I don't feel that whatever it is extends through the rest of the squad.

With a transfer policy of buying similar age players, mostly British based or British, it gives the new players a chance of growing up together and over time creating a close bond.

It’ll be a different team spirit no doubt, but Howe created a special team spirit with the 09 to 11 team, they all left and then created another great team spirit in 2012 with a different set of players.

I actually think Ryan comes across as kind of a deep person. I don't think he's interested in reeling off meaningless platitudes for the sake of it and, I dunno, he seems more human to me than your average footballer. I'm so grateful I got to live out my dream but whatever good fortune befalls you doesn't always mitigate the alienation, disappointment and frustration we can all feel from time to time, nor is it particularly useful when other people assume you shouldn't have those feelings because you did alright out of life.
Well said.

;