West Ham friendly

I’m calling that 1-5 since I’m convinced their two first goals were both offside. Conveniently no replays to confirm it, but for the second one they might have even had TWO players offside.
I hope COWS post a decent highlights reel so my suspicions can be confirmed.

We were excellent, soooooo much better in possession and we often got the ball back quickly when we lost it. Some of the play in the build up to the goals was champagne football. If we can keep these levels all season I seriously fancy us to go straight back up.

Big respect to all involved, a marked improvement on the last game and very little to criticise. Maybe we could do better with free kicks and corners but plenty of sessions left to work on those.

We need a bigger trophy cabinet !
:utc:

Another point worth making is how upbeat does the squad morale seem without the presence of the big egos? The players look like they’re enjoying themselves for the first time in a long time!

I have been seeing training videos and photos.....also the clip with Smithy banging Mepham with a spoon in the hotel last night....loads of smiles and laughs. Now, I can't see that Ake or Rambo would have stifled anything last season surely....is this suggesting Callum or Josh would?? What have the new management team done in a short space of time to bring this change? Very interesting.

I have been seeing training videos and photos.....also the clip with Smithy banging Mepham with a spoon in the hotel last night....loads of smiles and laughs. Now, I can't see that Ake or Rambo would have stifled anything last season surely....is this suggesting Callum or Josh would?? What have the new management team done in a short space of time to bring this change? Very interesting.
I literally have no idea but they all seem to be playing with a spring in their step. Seems like a very happy camp.

Strolled pos Brentford according to the Geordie.
Wow. I know it’s only a friendly but we genuinely looked a class above them today. Three flattered them and we could have easily had more. The most pleasing thing was that it wasn’t down to the individual brilliance of any player, the team just functioned incredibly effectively as a unit. Even when we made subs they fitted in seamlessly. The movement off the ball was a joy to watch and every time one of our players had the ball they had numerous options to pass to. I know it’s only a friendly ect but that really was the polar opposite of how we played last season. And as an added note how good does this Jaidon Anthony guy look?[/QUOTE

All I can say to that Waz
What the hell us going on.

Really encouraging performance! Good mix of youth and experience and all trying.

;