West Ham v AFC Bournemouth

Thought it wasn’t going to be our day when he turned down Wee Man’s penalty appeal and feared right up to the end someone was going to get on the end of one of those crosses into the box but what a performance by everyone of you Cherries. Can’t really pick a mom but Adam Smith was immense.

I didn't watch a match stream but I saw a comment from a West Ham fan on the Beeb when they were winning 1-0 along the lines of 'Bournemouth are going to be in the relegation zone at the end of the season and we're going to qualify for Europe!' I wish I could find it..

Wasn't that Neil's assessment of our transfer policy a couple years ago?

Yes it was. Because it was mainly garbage and the players we bought are largely no longer with us.

I have gone on record many times as saying it has been much better in the last three windows.

Eddie said this week his first couple of years recruitment was the wrong policy so don’t take it from me Canadian Cherry.

Really enjoyed today. A game of two halves. When Callum missed towards the end of the first half, this following a very mediocre performance from us, I didn’t think it was going to be our day. Thank goodness for the second half performance. As others have said, I thought Brooks was excellent, he’s going to be some player.

Just back from Portugal...what a start. What sort of player is Brooks...can someone liken him to a player I know.

My dad says he reminds him of De Bruyne but I’m putting this down to early onset dementia :grinning:

Just back from Portugal...what a start. What sort of player is Brooks...can someone liken him to a player I know.

My dad says he reminds him of De Bruyne but I’m putting this down to early onset dementia :grinning:

He's like a kid who's been let loose in a sweet shop....I really hope it isn't coached out of him. Extremely attack minded, loves having a pop at goal, always looking to go forward, really comfortable on the ball and great vision. Has picked up on the team ethos straight away . He's a bit naive at times and this might be a bit of a honeymoon period but he showed the same potential in the friendlies.

Is it just me...or is there a distinct lack of Moaneratai tonight ?Are they doing impersonations of Oozlam Birds( the ones that fly round in ever-increasing circles and disappear up their own jacksides or was it half-time that fazed them out?
Amazing how an away win sends them into a next week's furrowed brow scriptbender!

He's like a kid who's been let loose in a sweet shop....I really hope it isn't coached out of him. Extremely attack minded, loves having a pop at goal, always looking to go forward, really comfortable on the ball and great vision. Has picked up on the team ethos straight away . He's a bit naive at times and this might be a bit of a honeymoon period but he showe

Great post Red House! If Brooksy reads that he might just eat the PL!
It's early days of course but Id rather read positive stuff like yours than some of the early posts about Ibe when he started! I think Brookes is the type to feed on encouragement....like G. Best.

Last edited:
Just watched on Motd.

Wilson's goal.! Phew...he thought he was Jimmy Greaves impersonating Pele!
And Brookes.......! This is a Monster signing! Unlucky not to get at least one goal..good saves denied him .Plays like he's been around for years..Did a couple of ' Stanley Matthews'' feints and swivels!
Add that to a great Team performance on a big stage and Phil Neville was impressed !

West Ham signed nine players and now they have no idea who their best eleven is or what formation it will be or what their best tactics are.

We have signed three, played one and we know full well our best eleven, and best formation and our best tactics.

That's the difference today.

He has the instincts of a no 10 but currently playing on the right of midfield cutting in on his left foot. He’s very similar to Matt Ritchie but with more technical ability. Wouldn’t say he was a KDB, but David Silva has played the same role on the right before at Man City so that’s the inspiration for Brooks

;