What a window!

TBF to Blake and whoever else was involved, this has been an outstanding window, in theory. Certainly puts to bed the accusations about clueless/limited scouting networks we have in place imo. I have little doubt usual suspects will find a negative angle though...
Totally agree that on paper it's been superb, but let's see how the signings get on before declaring Blake and Co as heroes. We have spent a LOT of money!

TBF to Blake and whoever else was involved, this has been an outstanding window, in theory. Certainly puts to bed the accusations about clueless/limited scouting networks we have in place imo. I have little doubt usual suspects will find a negative angle though...
I agree, an incredible window. As with any signing it’s always a case of waiting to see how things turn out, but these signings show up those who whinged, whined and castigated all and sundry at the club just a couple of weeks ago for, laughably, having no ambition. I’m no fan of some at the club but have to say well done one and all for pulling off a number of unexpected signings.

Perhaps I'm overlooking something here, but us 'Brits' wouldn;t use the term knock up for anything other than getting someone pregnant (vast majority of the time), so doubt there's any risk of us causing offense using it for other things...

I'd also imagine context would give it away, so doubt 'fag' would be misconstrued by most in social settings... not that many 'Brits' would say fag I expect now, perhaps more chavvy people, who are less likely to be in the US anyway.
Really?? That's what I get for watching a lot of old British movies and Coronation Street!. Knock-up ..... not get someone out of bed?
But, you have now revealed yourself as an "elitist" .......... "chavvy people" indeed. :throw: (admit I had to look that one up).

Sorry I thought you had criticised Blake and the recruitment team. Must have been someone else.
If you go on the thread about the actual player you will see that I said he looks a very exciting signing and from the limited research I’ve done on these unknown players the pick of our recent signings. If this turns out to be true it will be a good recruit. Odd to be then copied in on our CEO saying the same thing unless it was to point out we were speaking as one?

I agree, an incredible window. As with any signing it’s always a case of waiting to see how things turn out, but these signings show up those who whinged, whined and castigated all and sundry at the club just a couple of weeks ago for, laughably, having no ambition. I’m no fan of some at the club but have to say well done one and all for pulling off a number of unexpected signings.
The expectations bar ............. Foley started it with his pronouncements, 4-5 new in. Some got all out of shape when the new signings started a little slowly. Now it is definitely a matter of sticking the right pegs in the right holes. As a serial rose-tinter, I am delighted with the signings and mindful that there are just 18 games left to play. For what it's worth, our next 5 are difficult, but will give GON a chance to try different combinations. The run-in should be scintillating.

If you go on the thread about the actual player you will see that I said he looks a very exciting signing and from the limited research I’ve done on these unknown players the pick of our recent signings. If this turns out to be true it will be a good recruit. Odd to be then copied in on our CEO saying the same thing unless it was to point out we were speaking as one?

I just meant you have nothing good to say about the board and we pull off what he has labelled as one of the worlds most exciting young players. Good news all round

Really?? That's what I get for watching a lot of old British movies and Coronation Street!. Knock-up ..... not get someone out of bed?
But, you have now revealed yourself as an "elitist" .......... "chavvy people" indeed. :throw: (admit I had to look that one up).

I'm confused, as I've never thought of or heard anyone use the term knock up, at least not in the past decade or two, for anything other than in reference to getting someone pregnant.

But a bit like my 'elitist' view on saying fag instead of cigarette, I doubt many apart from 'chavy' type Brits would use term knockup now anyway.

'Chav' is/was quite a common term over here, not unusual at all, for kind of people that wear tracksuits/sports clothes, tacky gold jewellery, gangs of young women pushing prams with kids called 'Chantelle', smoking 'fags', swearing with their mates of similar 'stature'. Bad skin/complexions from all the sh1t food, 'fags', alcohol, weed/drugs they consume. Perhaps with a some kind of Bull terrier called 'Tyson'. Poole Dolphin/town centre would deliver plenty of examples of this, without fail.

I'm confused, as I've never thought of or heard anyone use the term knock up, at least not in the past decade or two, for anything other than in reference to getting someone pregnant.

But a bit like my 'elitist' view on saying fag instead of cigarette, I doubt many apart from 'chavy' type Brits would use term knockup now anyway.

'Chav' is/was quite a common term over here, no unusual at all, for kind of people that wear tracksuits/sports clothes, tacky gold jewellery, gangs of young women pushing prams with kids called 'Chantelle', smoking 'fags', swearing with their mates of similar 'stature'. Bad skin/complexions from all the sh1t food, 'fags', alcohol, weed/drugs they consume. Perhaps with a some kind of Bull terrier called 'Tyson'. Poole Dolphin/town centre would deliver plenty of examples of this, without fail.

Knocker-up was a thing before alarm clocks were invented so not really been used over a hundred years.

'Chav' is/was quite a common term over here, not unusual at all, for kind of people that wear tracksuits/sports clothes, tacky gold jewellery, gangs of young women pushing prams with kids called 'Chantelle', smoking 'fags', swearing with their mates of similar 'stature'. Bad skin/complexions from all the sh1t food, 'fags', alcohol, weed/drugs they consume. Perhaps with a some kind of Bull terrier called 'Tyson'. Poole Dolphin/town centre would deliver plenty of examples of this, without fail.
On The Buses. Knock-up.

I just meant you have nothing good to say about the board and we pull off what he has labelled as one of the worlds most exciting young players. Good news all round
Yes but I’d already said it was good news on the thread about the player so you made an incorrect assumption based on your own prejudice. Still at least we are agreeing it’s potentially a good signing.

As a fully fledged rose-tinted evangelical, I'm not sure what to make of this forum anymore. It seems to be stuck in some kind of cynical cyclone, it's less " glass half full v glass half empty", it's more "glass half empty v no it's not that full". We're signing highly rated in WORLD FOOTBALL young players for £20 million. Instead of anticipation and expectation, it's pages of arcane expressions or who's the shittiest goalie v he's slightly less shitty as a goalie : )

We've got an owner with big, big ambitions and the wonga to back it up. I can't wait to see what they're like, which ones will thrive, which ones will dive. We're not nicking Swindon's best player or before that taking Villa's 2nd best youth teams midfield players, Celtic rejects aren't turning us down for Aldershot : )

I'm right behind them. I know the manager isn't highly rated by many, I'm waiting to see how it goes now. If he doesn't come up to the mark, Mr Foley will change him, I'm not against giving a young English manager a fair go. Having said that, I prefer watching attacking, outscoring the oppo' football : )

In a nutshell, we've shown we can be competitive in the transfer market, let's get competitive on the pitch. So, come on Gary, come on Boscombe. Let's go, go, go : )

Last edited:
As a fully fledged rose-tinted evangelical, I'm not sure what to make of this forum anymore. It seems to be stuck in some kind of cynical cyclone, it's less " glass half full v glass half empty", it's more "glass half empty v no it's not that full". We're signing highly rated in WORLD FOOTBALL young players for £20 million. Instead of anticipation and expectation, it's pages of arcane expressions or who's the shittiest goalie v he's slightly less shitty as a goalie : )

We've got an owner with big, big ambitions and the wonga to back it up. I can't wait to see what they're like, which ones will thrive, which ones will dive. We're not nicking Swindon's best player or before that taking Villa's 2nd best youth teams midfield players, Celtic rejects aren't turning us down for Aldershot : )

I'm right behind them. I know the manager isn't highly rated by many, I'm waiting to see how it goes now. If he doesn't come up to the mark, Mr Foley will change him, I'm not against giving a young English manager a fair go. Having said that, I prefer watching attacking, outscoring the oppo' football : )

In a nutshell, we've shown we can be competitive in the transfer market, let's get competitive on the pitch. So, come on Gary, come on Boscombe. Let's go, go, go : )
Thanks Table, you saved me the trouble.
Time to shed the angst. These are amazing times to be an AFCB fan. It’s not our money, Bill has a plan and is backing it with cash. Just remember, we are now unlikely to ever go bust again and now have a sniff at changing our standing in world football forever. Come on. That’s more than most of us could ever have dreamed of ! Relax, enjoy, be intrigued and get behind the lads and the owner.
It may all go mammaries skywards but flipping heck it’s exciting right now !!!
We’re in this for the fun, aren’t we ? How is seeing all of this happening to our little club not fun ?
:utc:

;