What a window!

Coon's age means a very long time. It is an Americanism that has fallen out of favor and is considered offensive by many people. Coon is slang for raccoon, coined in the mid-1700s. The term coon's age was first used in the early 1800s and in fact, owes its origin to the folk belief that raccoons are long-lived.
...and it's also slang for something else as you well know.

I'm not affended (or offended) just giving a steer to those not accustomed to the vagaries of our language, nothing more.
Came from American Cherry, so I suspect "american rules" should be applied. I'm OK with it from my side of the border, although I will admit that it might occasionally raise an eyebrow.

Funny enough, racoon seems to be derived from an indigenous language:
From Powhatan <arahkun>/<aroughcun>, tentatively reconstituted as */aːreːhkan/.

That said, occasional indigenous-oriented terms do get used on here .... "off the reservation", "Eskimo" or "powwow". Various degrees of offense may be constituted. "Scalped" goes over the line.

Erm, its a slang term a lot of people still use here in North Carolina, nothing to do with race and apologize if people took it that way. Just means a long period of time.
Yes, I realise that. It's just not a word that we use for reasons that are obvious. No apologies necessary as you weren't to know. As I said above, just giving a steer as otherwise posts on here can get deleted which is a shame because then the underpinning point that's made gets lost.

Yes, I realise that. It's just not a word that we use for reasons that are obvious. No apologies necessary as you weren't to know. As I said above, just giving a steer as otherwise posts on here can get deleted which is a shame because then the underpinning point that's made gets lost.
Fair enough pal I'll remember that(y)

And to get the topic back on track lol, don't see how any Cherries fan could be upset with the business we have done this window. Yes, no ones knows a ton about these guys we have brought in, but they all seem quite promising and we had to beat out some bigger clubs if you will for some of them, so I am confident they will come good.

;