Where will EDDIE be this season

I fear for Eddie with this one tbh. That Newcastle team is utter garbage. They absolutely do not have the tools to play free flowing attacking football and Eddie cannot set a team up defensively to save his life, it’s just not in his DNA. Would be a dreadful appointment for them and will not benefit Eddie’s career. Only hope is that he can hang on until jan and then spend spend spend. Will the fans/board give him until then if results are poor though?

I fear for Eddie with this one tbh. That Newcastle team is utter garbage. They absolutely do not have the tools to play free flowing attacking football and Eddie cannot set a team up defensively to save his life, it’s just not in his DNA. Would be a dreadful appointment for them and will not benefit Eddie’s career. Only hope is that he can hang on until jan and then spend spend spend. Will the fans/board give him until then if results are poor though?
Looks like we might get to see how he will do at Newcastle.

There are only 20 Premier league jobs available. If you discount at least 6 to 8 which Eddie would not get, it leaves a few options. Given also the remaining ones only 3 or 4 are likely to become available. If he wants to manage in the Premier league then he can either wait another 2 years, or take one that comes up.
They're all going to have challenges otherwise they wouldn't be available. Norwich would be a worse move than Newcastle, at least he can sign some players in January

There are only 20 Premier league jobs available. If you discount at least 6 to 8 which Eddie would not get, it leaves a few options. Given also the remaining ones only 3 or 4 are likely to become available. If he wants to manage in the Premier league then he can either wait another 2 years, or take one that comes up.
They're all going to have challenges otherwise they wouldn't be available. Norwich would be a worse move than Newcastle, at least he can sign some players in January
True, don’t begrudge him for taking it at all. Like you say, he can’t be picky, a Prem job is a Prem job. From their perspective I just really can’t see him being what they need in the short term. They should have broken the bank for a Sean Dyche type of manager. If they are happy to seriously consider sticking with Eddie in the event of a potential relegation/rooted in the bottom three come Jan ie a long term build then I’d change my opinion, but I think they’re going to want short term results fast. They are in danger of being cut adrift with Norwich.

True, don’t begrudge him for taking it at all. Like you say, he can’t be picky, a Prem job is a Prem job. From their perspective I just really can’t see him being what they need in the short term. They should have broken the bank for a Sean Dyche type of manager. If they are happy to seriously consider sticking with Eddie in the event of a potential relegation/rooted in the bottom three come Jan ie a long term build then I’d change my opinion, but I think they’re going to want short term results fast. They are in danger of being cut adrift with Norwich.
Yes Newcastle have some pretty difficult fixtures before January, who ever takes this on will have a tough job before then. But you have to back yourself. I suspect the likes of Burnley and Leeds will be worried, if Newcastle do pick up then there's another relegation spot up for grabs

I can certainly see why Eddie would go there, as CherryBare said hiss options are limited.

My concern for him is over the players. None are the true wingers (except he who shall not be named) he likes to play with, so can he get his trusty formations in place

Totally agree with you there Waz.

They probably need big Sam or somebody to get the most out of what they have in the short term.

Ed will not be able to set them up to be tight at the back but at the same time they don’t have the players to play his preferred style of play either.
Even if he is given a free hand to totally reform the team in January, getting a new team to gel with just half a season left to avoid relegation is a massive ask.

I suppose it might be the sort of challenge Ed would relish but I agree that the team they currently have will not suit him at all. So if he takes the job it has to be because they’ve assured him that he has a free hand in January to shape the squad how he wants it.

Could be an interesting watch to be honest. He could pull it off. But probably not without a mass overhaul of the squad in January.

Totally agree with you there Waz.

They probably need big Sam or somebody to get the most out of what they have in the short term.

Ed will not be able to set them up to be tight at the back but at the same time they don’t have the players to play his preferred style of play either.
Even if he is given a free hand to totally reform the team in January, getting a new team to gel with just half a season left to avoid relegation is a massive ask.

I suppose it might be the sort of challenge Ed would relish but I agree that the team they currently have will not suit him at all. So if he takes the job it has to be because they’ve assured him that he has a free hand in January to shape the squad how he wants it.

Could be an interesting watch to be honest. He could pull it off. But probably not without a mass overhaul of the squad in January.
and he doesnt do tiny overhauls let alone massive

;