Who Will Be Next England Manager?

davygravy - 20/7/2016 22:22

Sam will be a good choice and do a good job. But fans need to actually give him a chance!

They do give England managers a chance, that's until results that matter go wrong.

So assuming Sunderland appoint Moyes, does he have enough time to sort them out coming in now before the end of the transfer window?

I agree with Sam being a good choice. I think we have the quality but need a manager that can get them focused and fully prepared mentally, which I think sam will be able to do.

He'll also come with a clearly defined plan, unlike Hodgson in the euros.

The Alchemist - 22/7/2016 16:21

Shall we archive this thread for 2 years time then ?

I see in the actual story, before the 2-year deal is the word 'Initial'.

Has Harry lost all chances of becoming England manager or even a PL manager?

'No approach made' to AFCB according to Howe and so he was never even in the running.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14637796.AFC_Bournemouth__Howe_welcomes_Big_Sam_s_appointment_as_England_boss_____and_says_he_was_not_in_running_for_job/?ref=rss

As an AFCB fan I'm happy he's still with us but seriously, the FA are like the Idiocracy in charge of a sport. How can you interview Bruce but not even make an approach for Eddie?

kirsikka - 22/7/2016 21:57

'No approach made' to AFCB according to Howe and so he was never even in the running.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14637796.AFC_Bournemouth__Howe_welcomes_Big_Sam_s_appointment_as_England_boss_____and_says_he_was_not_in_running_for_job/?ref=rss

As an AFCB fan I'm happy he's still with us but seriously, the FA are like the Idiocracy in charge of a sport. How can you interview Bruce but not even make an approach for Eddie?

Not enough experience yet.

Not enough experience yet to have a conversation with him? I'm sorry, that's absolute bollox. He may not have managed the giddy likes of Bolton or been sacked by Newcastle yet but he has been a manager for eight years now. Remind me how much experience Pep Guardiola had when he took over at Barcelona?

I understand if they had decided he wasn't ready yet having spoken to him but when the calibre of candidates you are interviewing includes Steve Bruce then I think it's pathetic not to make the approach.

I'm still glad from an AFCB perspective though!

Not enough experience yet in the top flight.

Personally I don't think this job is right for Eddie this time in his career.

He has a lot more to offer day in and day out on the training pitches and improving the younger players new and old at our club.

So as far as Eddie is concerned the press again came up with 2+2 = 5.

First we had Eddie would have Harry as his mentor.

Then it was Allardyce with Eddie learning the ropes.

Eddie says he was not approached, so where do these journalists dig this c..p up from?

;