Who Will Be Next England Manager?

Sunderland fans are resigned, and gutted.
Plenty of threads to choose from here http://www.readytogo.net/smb/forums/pure-football.86/

...fair choice to be honest...though I think Eddie will be next England manager in two years time after a failed World Cup!

I'd love to see Eddie as England Manager, but I'm not sure he can be in two places at once.

I'd love to see the squad he would put together, I don't think it would have as many prima donnas, there'd be more youth, more people willing to put in the work, a team spirit would be generated.

It would inevitably all end in tears, but he's the best English manager in the game right now. If there was a device akin to a photocopier for Eddie (& Jason), a peoplecopier if you will then it would offer the perfect solution.

As it is I can't see it happening and for the sake of AFCB don't want it to either, who would/could replace him?

Just heard on Radio 2 news that the FA have spoken to Sam but apparently want to speak to Jurgen Klopp and 'bright young English manager Eddie Howe of Bournemouth'

They're going to talk more on the Sports Bulletin I think

Surely the better career path for Eddie (if and when he decides to go) would be to take over at Arsenal when Wenger moves on. Not least because, like Wenger, Eddie is a control freak and Arsenal are happy to live with that. The FA structure is all about committees, divisions of authority and so on. I would think that Eddie would hate that.

And as others have said Eddie seems to love the day to day development work with players, but with England he'd only see them about 20 days a year.

It is an honour to be considered of course and Eddie would be stupid not to be polite about it but it does not seem to be the right job for him.

....would Howe at Arsenal....the England job should be his in a few years time, and he might inject some passion and pride in putting on the national shirt!

Garbo - 13/7/2016 19:37

....would Howe at Arsenal....the England job should be his in a few years time, and he might inject some passion and pride in putting on the national shirt!

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm................................

I didn't see much passion and pride in putting on an AFCB shirt last ten games of the season.

Arsenal are such a big 'brand' now I don't think they would risk repeating what have been seen as mistakes by Man Utd and Liverpool in appointing highly rated British PL managers that haven't had a chance at one of the big 4/5. Instead they'll shop the world for someone who is considered to be one of the best on a global scale with a track record of trophies.

Never mind that LVG was probably worse than Moyes despite spending immense amounts, it's the mindset and seen as less of a risk by the business people in charge.

Unless we do something ridiculous like qualify for the CL at club level I think EH could expect at most one of the next batch of clubs to take a chance on him. Or maybe Spurs if it all goes pear shaped for their current chap.

The England situation is a nagging worry for me. Whilst there are a lot of disadvantages, doesn't he have a young family? This would mean a lot more time with them which would be very attractive and also a lifetime of complete financial security.

Hopefully destined for Big Sam though. More because he seemed to be sorting Sunderland out and may have given them stability which isn't something that happens to them than anything else.

<p>
Sorry Roger - 13/7/2016 17:44<br /><br /><strong>Surely the better career path for Eddie (if and when he decides to go) would be to take over at Arsenal when Wenger moves on</strong>. Not least because, like Wenger, Eddie is a control freak and Arsenal are happy to live with that. The FA structure is all about committees, divisions of authority and so on. I would think that Eddie would hate that. <br /><br />And as others have said Eddie seems to love the day to day development work with players, but with England he'd only see them about 20 days a year.<br /><br />It is an honour to be considered of course and Eddie would be stupid not to be polite about it but it does not seem to be the right job for him.
</p><p>&nbsp;The obvious direction for him to go, 30 years on from Uncle Don's footsteps. :think: :hihi: &nbsp;</p>

BBC

'Howe could be England's Joachim Low'

Former Manchester United and Stoke defender Danny Higginbotham nails his colours to the mast in his Independent column...

'England may be close to appointing Sam Allardyce as their new manager but in doing so they are missing out on a rare opportunity to build for the future. He would be a short-term fix, which is precisely the problem. What we need is a long-term commitment from a young manager with a clear sense of identity about what he wants to build. We need our own Joachim Low. And I believe that man is Eddie Howe.'

Audenshaw Cherry - 14/7/2016 11:12

BBC

Former Manchester United and Stoke defender Danny Higginbotham nails his colours to the mast in his Independent column...

'England may be close to appointing Sam Allardyce as their new manager but in doing so they are missing out on a rare opportunity to build for the future. He would be a short-term fix, which is precisely the problem. What we need is a long-term commitment from a young manager with a clear sense of identity about what he wants to build. We need our own Joachim Low. And I believe that man is Eddie Howe.'

Prefer what Luther Blissett said the other day.

Audenshaw Cherry - 14/7/2016 11:12

BBC

The full article is here for those interested:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/eddie-howe-could-be-englands-joachim-low-says-danny-higginbotham-a7135271.html

Danny Higginbottom may well have got it spot on and Eddie could well be the right choice for England. Fortunately for us the muppets that run the FA have shown over the years that they are not capable of making the right choices.

;