Wolves v AFC Bournemouth - Wednesday 7.45 pm

He scored crucial goals that won us points and made some vital contributions off the bench that helped us get promoted. Then we sold him for similar to what we paid. He did what was required. What's to dwell on about him? A good addition when we needed one.
Dragon cannot comprehend in his tiny mind that we signed certain players just to get us promoted, such was the prize at stake. Without Dembele, Moore and Lowe there would be no promotion.

Dragon cannot comprehend in his tiny mind that we signed certain players just to get us promoted, such was the prize at stake. Without Dembele, Moore and Lowe there would be no promotion.

If you think he's bad there's some other bloke who keeps bringing up Iturbe as evidence of, well, tbh I'm not sure what it's supposed to be evidence of.

Thought you had me blocked princess?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240425_191248_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240425_191248_Chrome.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 14
Bill alluded he would be sold.

I'm not Bill.

Apparently as the filth (fifth) biggest spenders in th PL according to Gary O' Nil Nil

How can we possibly adhere to FFP rules without selling Solanke?

Bill will sell Solanke as there will be takers.

We need some plus millions in the accounts, not many mulliooooons of minuses.

"In the last two windows" to finish his sentence. He wanted to play down how well AI had done since he left. Over 5 years we're well behind wolves in spending.

This has us at 10th: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transferausgabentabellenplatz/wettbewerb/GB1

The club were also asked directly about FFP compliance at the fan's forum.
  1. How are the club monitoring and managing compliance to the Premier League Profitability and Sustainability Rules?
NB confirmed the club knows exactly where it stands in regard to its financial submissions each year, and is comfortable with the current level. NB added that the accounts published recently show that the club is in a good place.

"In the last two windows" to finish his sentence. He wanted to play down how well AI had done since he left. Over 5 years we're well behind wolves in spending.

The club were also asked directly about FFP compliance at the fan's forum.
  1. How are the club monitoring and managing compliance to the Premier League Profitability and Sustainability Rules?
NB confirmed the club knows exactly where it stands in regard to its financial submissions each year, and is comfortable with the current level. NB added that the accounts published recently show that the club is in a good place.
Lol.

Currently in a good place.

But will need to sell some assets to continue the profligate scatter gun approach to future signings.

If......if ......if we are the 5th highest spenders in the last 2 seasons......we need to bring some money in right?

To balance the books going forward?

Right?

Maybe I'm wrong Kudos, and a few words in a fans forum warms your cockles and puts any lingering doubt to bed?

Reassure me we haven't spent 120 million quid on rubbish players in 2 seasons and we can lose only a fraction of that across 3 to meet FFP.

Lol.

Currently in a good place.

But will need to sell some assets to continue the profligate scatter gun approach to future signings.

If......if ......if we are the 5th highest spenders in the last 2 seasons......we need to bring some money in right?

To balance the books going forward?

Right?

Maybe I'm wrong Kudos, and a few words in a fans forum warms your cockles and puts any lingering doubt to bed?

Reassure me we haven't spent 120 million quid on rubbish players in 2 seasons and we can lose only a fraction of that across 3 to meet FFP.
It was a perfect opportunity for some soft messaging about requiring to sell players to balance the books but it wasn't taken.

We were called the 5th highest in the last two windows, there's two windows in a season. Other sources have us lower but of course transfer spend isn't the be all and end all of FFP.

If a team starting down our highest ever points total and finish isn't enough to convince you we have a decent side nothing will. Besides you're very welcome to shit the bed because we spent a fraction of what Forest have.

Currently FFP is looking like
20/21: +17
21/22: -55.5
22/23: +44.5

So we can go as low as -105M but are currently +6M.

The TLDR of the stats.

No shots from AFCB after the 62nd minute – dominant until then

Third highest number of penalty area touches and joint second big chances this season

The average position of the subs showed the pressure we came under late in the game.

What a game! Really enjoyed it up to the last 15 minutes then it was just so tense.

A few points from the media: I watched MOTD and none of the 3 ex-pros thought the Kerkez challenge was a red; also I thought it was heavily edited to make it look like a much more even game than it was and to exclude many of Wolves fouls, finally I started to read the match report on The Guardian this morning but gave up as the journalist was very, very, obviously a Wolves fan so a really biased report that might as well have been written by GON.

Special mention goes to the Wolves player who took a look then deliberately shoulder barged Scott in the midriff when he jumped for a header, probably more dangerous than Kerkez' tackle but not even a yellow. They are without doubt a dirty side.

And Jose Sa has been a better keeper than Neto whenever I've seen him and kept them in it last night. Hope Travers gets a few more games to stake a claim.

Let's play Devils advocate for a moment.

Solanke is likely to be sold, as Bill has alluded.

There are several players who we have either signed, or secured to long contracts who haven't contributed to being a massive improvement on what we already had.

Outtara
Billing
Traore
Neto
Radu
Fredericks
Randolph
Faivre
Adams
Scott
Unal

That's a whole pile of average, none of which who have massively improved what we already had.

The 'if we can keep this squad together' narrative is simply not true.

Which clubs above us are hankering to sign any of our current players?

Solanke...yes, has hit his highest high and should be sold.

Zabarnyi, yes a massive 'hit' by Richard Hughes.

Kerkez, yes likely to be a big 'hit' in the future.

Semenyo, yes, a very good find.

Kluivert, yes a tricky winger with a decent pedigree, and one for the future.

Outside of that, there are more players who are getting on a bit and need replacing.

Smith, done so well, and a great leader, but getting on.

Christie, 29 and has been amazing, but isn't getting younger.

Cook, similar.

Billing, hasn't influenced a game in eons.

Unal has looked enthusiastic but disappointing.

Faivre hasn't done a thing

Outtara maybe will get a chance between the sticks next week.

Traore has gone to Napoli?

Rothwell has gone to Coventry.

Lowe is out of favour

Brooks is at Southampton.

Dembele someone stupidly paid money for.

We need to cut the wheat from the chaff and add to the squad, not keep the ones we currently have, who don't perform

Andoni has been an inspiration, but half of the squad we have are shyte, likely to bemoved on or aging.

The PL is ruthless, and we are overloaded with average.

That's why what Andoni has achieved at this level, and with this squad is exceptional.

But hey, all like Wazs eulogy to Richard Hughes, after a win.

The squad is bloated with rubbish on big wages.

.....Waits for SDD to make a post.

'We're in the top ten and you make a post like this'

'I'm happy with where we are'

Etc etc.

It's a bigger picture, than overachiving because of the manager, and not the players.

Unless we upgrade the squad we have we will drop like a stone when Andoni leaves.
Got 15th under GON with a far weaker squad

;