Wolves v AFC Bournemouth

Eddie’s interview with COWS, video or text if you can’t see video.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/howe-were-kicking-ourselves/
Nice to see Eddie looking and sounding quite positive in that interview. He certainly has a calmness about him and can hopefully stop the players from panicking and completely losing the plot as the games start to run out.

If we can find a way to get the ball forward faster and more often, especially with King now hopefully at number nine, then we could start picking up some positive results. We did cope with a very good Wolves side pretty comfortably last night ( apart from that one moment ), so there is still hope for some positive results if we can start creating more chances up front. This is the area we really need to be focusing on in the coming week. Getting the ball forward and then supporting the forward ball to present more creative options, more movement in the attack.

That interview has left me feeling more positive and I'm glad Ed wasn't looking haunted or desperate !
:utc:

Nice to see Eddie looking and sounding quite positive in that interview. He certainly has a calmness about him and can hopefully stop the players from panicking and completely losing the plot as the games start to run out.

If we can find a way to get the ball forward faster and more often, especially with King now hopefully at number nine, then we could start picking up some positive results. We did cope with a very good Wolves side pretty comfortably last night ( apart from that one moment ), so there is still hope for some positive results if we can start creating more chances up front. This is the area we really need to be focusing on in the coming week. Getting the ball forward and then supporting the forward ball to present more creative options, more movement in the attack.

That interview has left me feeling more positive and I'm glad Ed wasn't looking haunted or desperate !
:utc:

He sounded better in that interview than the video link one with Solent.

While listening to the game it sounded if Philip Billing made a difference in our midfield and it was a pity he had to go off with the sides still level.

As Eddie mentioned, Billing had a dead leg so should be available for Newcastle.

He sounded better in that interview than the video link one with Solent.

While listening to the game it sounded if Philip Billing made a difference in our midfield and it was a pity he had to go off with the sides still level.

As Eddie mentioned, Billing had a dead leg so should be available for Newcastle.
Yes, it definitely sounds as though Ed sees Billing as our attacking impetus in midfield, as indeed he was in the last few games pre-lockdown. It sounds as though he wants Billing in the team and wants him to be the link between the midfield and the attack. Fingers crossed he recovers ok and can stay in the side from here on in. Eddie obviously rates him and feels that we need him in the side right now.

I was fairly pleased with our performance last night, under the circumstances. I thought we'd get walloped, but we actually competed well against a very good team. If we had snatched a draw, it would have been a great result - just a momentary lapse against a very good player did us.

I was pleased they made much more effort and at least tried to get forward. I'm not a fan of Stanislas but he really worked hard in the 1st half. The problem is we don't seem to have a style of play anymore. No fast wingers, no creative midfielder and no overlapping fullbacks.

I have calmed down a bit now and looked for a few positives. On reflection, we looked okay defensively, although I felt Wolves would always break us down eventually. A side without so many creative players possibly may have struggled to break us down. The main concern for me is that we have nothing going forward in our games since restart we have had 1 shot on target, we were playing Wolves and Crystal Palace not Liverpool and Manchester City, that is just not good enough. Something needs to change and I don't have faith that Eddie has the answers.

was thinking the same, think our best hope would be one of those loan swaps like Rondon/Gayle between Newcastle and WBA, Callum gets to put himself in the premier league shop window. for a season whilst we get one of those not good enough for the Prem/tears up the championship strikers.
I can’t help but look ahead with their being some very decent, young, Championship players that won’t be promoted this season.

I’m sure we will be a decent proposition for the majority of Champ players, especially in our first season, plus the biggest draw possible of having Eddie.

Can’t help but be excited about building that sorta side rather than a player on 100k a week who might get 17th in the Prem next season!

I’ve tried to defend Solanke on here but really I can’t. He had 2 touches of the ball yesterday. One was an aerial duel and another a defensive clearance. In over 24 mins of play when chasing a game he had precisely zero attacking or even approach play contribution

;