Wolves v AFC Bournemouth

and the way callums playing he might still be with us to offer nothing in the championship
Ok, I know I'm going to get a new one torn for posting this but...........I know a girl who works in the accounts at Leicester and she told me soon after Roger's joined as manager that Callum would be joining them. He's a Midlands lad, they are a club on the up, champions league football and in her words they want more competition in attacking positions, also a replacement for Vardy who won't go on forever.
Right, I'm going to duck my head back below the parapet now because I know what's coming.

The performance was almost identical without Bambi on ice..(mings)....if Neto had netted in the last minute it would have been uncanny.

Its not like Eddie hasn't had 18 months to try and work out something different.....to me that's the most disappointing thing. I'm not saying we should randomly rock up and turn Wolves over but when your sorry asses are on the line you would have thought something different might have come out of the thought locker.

They've gone backwards. We had six six pointers in a row December into January and they lost the first time in four pretty much without a fight. Finally the got some backbone and performances improved going into lockdown.

We come out after three months where he can come up with something new and it's back to the Christmas dirge. Beyond disappointing. Even worse with this half football version of watching it.

Ok, I know I'm going to get a new one torn for posting this but...........I know a girl who works in the accounts at Leicester and she told me soon after Roger's joined as manager that Callum would be joining them. He's a Midlands lad, they are a club on the up, champions league football and in her words they want more competition in attacking positions, also a replacement for Vardy who won't go on forever.
Right, I'm going to duck my head back below the parapet now because I know what's coming.

People offering to drive him?

He may well move on if we get relegated who knows. He looks disinterested and has for a while tbh. Maybe he needs a new challenge

Eddie had a dream...

...and then he woke up and we’re still fucking shite.

While keeping our spirits up and hoping for a good performance against Newcastle and beyond, perhaps we could come up with a few variations on a theme. Sorry about the scansion, it's close but no cigar - what we call an Afobe. I was singing this to myself this evening while watching the game.

Eddie had a dream
Of what could have been…
If only we’d kicked the ball directly at the other goal
But we played like cack, zero threat in attack
Playing like poodles, who need their dentures back
A-ruff, a-ruff, a-ruff

I hope so

Is that why he signed a new contract with us?

Is that why he signed a new contract with us?
Contracts mean nothing especially if a fee is involved. He knows it, his agent knows it and more importantly we all know it. None of us should be surprised that certain players in our squad and their agents are letting other clubs know of their availability next season. Why wouldn't he take a massive pay rise whilst engineering a move in the future for an even better financial package ?

Well that was fun! Please just get back to The Championship AFCB because I am almost starting to hate football, I don't particularly like the players and I am also starting to go off Howe, we have no plan A let alone a plan B, unless the plan is to Pass sideways, pass sideways again then go backwards, then lose it. Callum is out now so thankfully we have Solanke to come in and do f***all.

Still, Wolves didn’t do our GD much harm, so could have been worse.
If King is fit and we play him as number nine, better days could be ahead.
Unlike recent Callum, King gets the ball and really works to try to do something with it. Callum really looks like he’s got a move lined up and is just going through the motions - just about.[/QUOTE
The team are crap, they have been for the majority of the season. The manager can't solve it and this tepid version of post lockdown football is terrible even without AFCB. They might stay up but I'm not sure I'd muster much enthusiasm if they did.

I don't think it's going to be any good until we can go again and tbh I'm not too bothered what league that is in. Anything is better than this.
Agreed.

Really not bothered what league we’re in, I will support my club however getting relegated like this is the worse possible ending to the “fairytale”.

Over the years I’ve seen Newcastle, Stoke etc get relegated with decent squads, but no fight, passion, and managers that look clueless. I can’t believe that’s happening to us

IF somehow we stay up, this will continue next season. Eddie needs to reinvent himself, and I trust him to do that in the Championship with a young and hopefully hungry squad.

Did Solent cut and paste the post match interview? Willo's rose tinted glasses seeping through. Oh for a bit of honesty.
As far as summarisers go, the bloke is so bias it’s stupid and offers zero insight into modern football
and the way callums playing he might still be with us to offer nothing in the championship
I think there will be takers for Ake, Brooks, King and Lerma but looking around, what scouts will be watching Callum and think “let’s spend £25m and 100k a week on that”.

Last edited:
I think there will be takers for Ake, Brooks, King and Lerma but looking around, what scouts will be watching Callum and think “let’s spend £25m and 100k a week on that”.

was thinking the same, think our best hope would be one of those loan swaps like Rondon/Gayle between Newcastle and WBA, Callum gets to put himself in the premier league shop window. for a season whilst we get one of those not good enough for the Prem/tears up the championship strikers.

My positive outlook from last night is with a couple of personel changes, I think that formation would have worked.

Either Billing or Gosling need to play or in my opinion, both. They're the only 2 of our midfielders we have that get forward and offer support to a single striker. The Asda Price version of Drogba and Lampard. Let Jeff sit behind them and give them license to get forward in turns or both, if the situation calls for it.

Playing Callum as a loan striker hasn't worked all season. He can no longer hold the ball up and bully defenders like he used to be able to, whereas King still can. King can hold it up and with Gosling and Billing, he will at least get support from one or both of them quickly, plus one or both of the wingers as well. Lumping it up to Callum last night must have had about a 2% success rate. Let's get that up to 30-40% with King and we're already in a much better place to create some chances on goal. Crosses with only Callum in the box or sometimes not even in the box are hopeless.

Defence was pretty solid last night, overall I don't think it was too bad how we played against a creative team that score plenty. I honestly believe if King was playing instead of Callum, we'd have had way more of a threat up top with a quick long ball to him to hold up and let everyone else get up before Wolves had a chance to regroup and set 11 men behind the ball.

I'm not trying to dig out Callum and Lewis, but they're simply not the answer to our current problem.

Edit: Just to add another positive, at least AFCB won't be ruining my weekend!

I was fairly pleased with our performance last night, under the circumstances. I thought we'd get walloped, but we actually competed well against a very good team. If we had snatched a draw, it would have been a great result - just a momentary lapse against a very good player did us.

OK we're playing badly, or worse, but FFS show some loyalty to the bloke who took us from League 2 to the Prem. I'm not even sure he'd stay if we got relegated but I'm not wanting him out. A few PL fans think its the be all and end all. Well it isn't.

If any of you thought this would last for ever then you're deluded.

We used to talk about being like Norwich. They are a club happy to yo-yo, but they have built a decent set up. More disappointing to me is that we entered the Prem as little Bournemouth, and if we do get relegated, hardly anything will have changed off the pitch.

;