Yeovil Town v AFC Bournemouth- FA Cup Third Round

That open end never generates noise - it just disappeas into nothing. I've been there on a hot sunny day and it was the same. Don't let that get in the way of you slagging AFCB off in every possible way.

Bradders playoff season near the end of the season?
Was awful wasn't it. (Atmosphere and Yeovil comeback). Can't remember us making that much noise in that game though as fans just sang in pockets rather than in unison.maybe not as vociferous in general back then as well?
Weird though as could hear away fans in Brighton beach end from the south end, at least when a a fair few were in there.

He played very well even aside from the hat trick. Always looking to get on the ball and make things happen. Would really like to see more of him in the league.
also forgot to add:
-NMW at right back deserves a special mention, playing out of position on his professional debut looked very assured. Very tidy on the ball.
-Brady looked good again when he came on, can see he really has a touch of class about him. Looks threatening cutting in from the right hand side.
-Mepham although did not have to do any extraordinary defending, was noticeably more vocal and helping out his team mates throughout. I’m not his biggest fan but he should be applauded for his application today.

Yet another fan said "Nobody else (apart from Marcondes) stood out really, not in a positive way anyway".

Hang on.... it was you !!

Shame your positivity wasn't reflected in your initial summary of the match.

Was at the game and actually sat in the Yeovil end with a mate who is a Yeovil supporter, my observations:
-Marcondes should start ahead of Lewis Cook. It may have only been Yeovil but how many would Lewis Cook have scored today? In fact Marcondes scored more in today’s game than Lewis Cook has in his entire career. Cannot fathom how Marcondes cannot be preferred as an advanced midfielder. Very intelligent runs and an eye for goal. MOTM for sure.
-Nobody else stood out really, not in a positive way anyway. The two who stood out for the wrong reasons were Nyland (quite an achievement to have nothing to do and still concede a goal) and Rogers who seems incapable of passing to a team mate and never looks remotely like beating his man, he is so far short of the standard required I actually feel sorry for him.
-As somebody who was in the ground I can confirm that our (the Bournemouth) support was dreadful, in fact a visually impaired person in the ground could well have believed that there were not even any of our fans there at all. If you believe you were making noise, it was nowhere near loud enough to be heard from the Yeovil end. Very poor effort tbh.
So we’re measuring our support using your imagination of what a visually impaired person might think are we?

A word of praise for Scott Parker too. How many times through the years have we been left disappointed with our cup performances under Eddie?

So despite a similar strategy of wholesale changes, Scott got the team to play with purpose and intent, winning a tricky tie in tricky conditions with a professional and disciplined performance.

Well done.

In fairness Eddie's sides did pretty well in the cups when we were in the championship.

In fairness Eddie's sides did pretty well in the cups when we were in the championship.
Fourth round in the FA cup both seasons. Yeah , monumentous.
We've gone past the fourth round twice in 30 years. I think that was the most frustrating thing of the Eddie years, for me anyway, that with the talent we had in those glory seasons in the PL we couldn't muster a cup run because Eddie wasn't interested. Arguably the same could be said of Parker i guess, as there were 10 changes in that lineup so we'll see what happens and who we get drawn against in the next round. I think the difference yesterday was that some of those who don't play regularly put in a shift to show the gaffer what they can do. We didn't seem to get that from the second string players Eddie fielded.

Last edited:

I was responding to a post praising Parker for being nothing like Howe in the cups after he'd made ten changes. Howe did the same and got knocked out in the forth round by PL teams. He even battered a team in the same division as us away from home on the way plus the best run in the league cup in years. I think 'pretty well' sums it up and the point that we shouldn't get carried away with Parker's apparently refreshing approach just yet.

I was responding to a post praising Parker for being nothing like Howe in the cups after he'd made ten changes. Howe did the same and got knocked out in the forth round by PL teams. He even battered a team in the same division as us away from home on the way plus the best run in the league cup in years. I think 'pretty well' sums it up and the point that we shouldn't get carried away with Parker's apparently refreshing approach just yet.
I recall one of those 4th round defeats was against a very strong Liverpool side.

Watched it live on I-Player and also watched the other games highlights on Red Button early this morning. Only showed our game's goals and was disappointed that neither Murphy or Dublin commented about the game. Some of the commentators were screeching like weird jungle creatures!

Macondes and Mepham good, Davis not too bad but Rogers and Anthony poor again, IMO we need a decent left/right-sided midfielder to replace those two, and desperately need cover for Solanke. I'm apparently the only one that thought Nyland had an ok game apart from the mistake obviously, any keeper that comes in for a one-off game is sure to be rusty.

We've gone past the fourth round twice in 30 years. I think that was the most frustrating thing of the Eddie years, for me anyway, that with the talent we had in those glory seasons in the PL we couldn't muster a cup run because Eddie wasn't interested. Arguably the same could be said of Parker i guess, as there were 10 changes in that lineup so we'll see what happens and who we get drawn against in the next round. I think the difference yesterday was that some of those who don't play regularly put in a shift to show the gaffer what they can do. We didn't seem to get that from the second string players Eddie fielded.
Understandable in the championship, where we are going for promotion and have 46 games but no excuse, in the premier league, we only had 38 games, and when we were comfortably in sitting mid-table, frustrating, to say the least.

As somebody who was in the ground I can confirm that our (the Bournemouth) support was dreadful, in fact a visually impaired person in the ground could well have believed that there were not even any of our fans there at all. If you believe you were making noise, it was nowhere near loud enough to be heard from the Yeovil end. Very poor effort tbh.
Thank you for taking the time to confirm that.

Given you’re more than capable of drumming up a response (as you frequently do on here) out of interest what did you do to try and galvanise support…or did you do nothing and then whinge about it on here?

;