AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa

Villa fan coming in peace. Posted a few comments when we signed Mings earlier in the season.

Huge game this saturday for both sides. I'm nervous but more confident than I would have been had we played a few weeks back.

Since switching to 3 at the back, we have been so much better (apart from the man city game) we look more solid and Mings is an integral part of that set up.

Midfield players are starting to find form, I just hope Dean Smith doesn't bring Drinkwater back into the team, as he has looked well of the pace.

This is the first league game in nearly a month that we will play with a proper striker and have one on the bench. I think this will be a major boost to us and could be the difference.

We've been quite poor this year and 17th place would be a real success for us this season. Fairly confident we can scrape it because although we have some average players, in Jack Grealish we have one of the best players in the league and someone who can win a game on his own for us.

I think it will be a very nervy game, with both teams desperate not to lose. I think it will be decided by a moment of magic.

Good luck for the rest of the season after Saturday.

Villa fan coming in peace. Posted a few comments when we signed Mings earlier in the season.

Huge game this saturday for both sides. I'm nervous but more confident than I would have been had we played a few weeks back.

Since switching to 3 at the back, we have been so much better (apart from the man city game) we look more solid and Mings is an integral part of that set up.

Midfield players are starting to find form, I just hope Dean Smith doesn't bring Drinkwater back into the team, as he has looked well of the pace.

This is the first league game in nearly a month that we will play with a proper striker and have one on the bench. I think this will be a major boost to us and could be the difference.

We've been quite poor this year and 17th place would be a real success for us this season. Fairly confident we can scrape it because although we have some average players, in Jack Grealish we have one of the best players in the league and someone who can win a game on his own for us.

I think it will be a very nervy game, with both teams desperate not to lose. I think it will be decided by a moment of magic.

Don't praise Mings as some on here will explode.Think it will be a tight game

Is he hated? I didn't think you really cared much about him

Don't think he's hated at all, always came across as a decent guy and natural leader.

Do think he's overrated though - and the media love in/England call ups are a bit bizarre. Especially when people like Grealish (who has real quality) are left out.

we had no real evidence to 'rate' him on. Only played 17 times for us in 4 years, mainly due to injury, and looked a bit like bambi on ice in a couple of those games.
Personally I'm glad he's doing well as he always appeared to be a good bloke (playing 6 a side at the Littledown, stamping on Ibrahimoviv head etc). Just hope he scores an own goal or slips on his **************** at the weekend.

Dont know how you are getting here on Saturday but the M27 at Southampton and the trains at Eastleigh are screwed the whole w/end. Big derailment on the tracks yesterday and bridge replacemnt on the M27. Good luck.
https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18198070.travel-misery-eastleigh-station-m27-next-week/

Fraser has made an idiot of himself after reaching the heights of star player.

What I think the silly bugger means...is that he tried to impress as an individual..do it on his own so others would follow.
But part of that was obviously to attract attention from Manu or Liverpool...egged on by the Agent - Eddie should have dropped him for a period early in the season.

What an absolute disgrace you are Ryan, after all this club has done for you. Just **** off and never come back. And I’m sorry Eddie but you are an embarrassment for continuing to play this guy, if you are deeming this an acceptable attitude for a player is it any wonder we are in the situation we are in now? And please nobody praise this guy for his ‘refreshing honesty,’ the situation has gone well past that point. He’s a disgrace and I can’t wait for him to leave.
At least he's being refreshingly honest. ;-)

You are Wilfred Zaha and I claim my £5!

Yeah, people sometimes have issues or things come unstuck. Nothings ever perfect.

I fear for us this Saturday if he continues to play the 3 or 4 players that have continually failed to perform this season, which is why we find ourselves in a relegation place. We were extremely lucky not to go behind too a Brighton side that completely dominated us for half an hour. We’ve just got to hope those players finally come good because I don’t see him changing things, if they don’t we’ll deserve to get relegated.

Unfo

Unfortunately we tend to let players like Grealish have the freedom of the pitch to do what they want - he’s on fire and can really hurt us ...
Hopefully we will have a “last hour v Brighton “ attitude for the whole game and give it a real go !
Should be very intense off the pitch in the stands ...
UTCIAD

I fear for us this Saturday if he continues to play the 3 or 4 players that have continually failed to perform this season, which is why we find ourselves in a relegation place. We were extremely lucky not to go behind too a Brighton side that completely dominated us for half an hour. We’ve just got to hope those players finally come good because I don’t see him changing things, if they don’t we’ll deserve to get relegated.

Eddie said that he “ learnt nothing of tactical value “ by playing players out of position in the Arsenal game and it was really just the belief that was the problem again .
Mmmm .

Just as a matter of interest where are the weaknesses our players should be exploiting in your team? ;)

What an absolute disgrace you are Ryan, after all this club has done for you. Just **** off and never come back. And I’m sorry Eddie but you are an embarrassment for continuing to play this guy, if you are deeming this an acceptable attitude for a player is it any wonder we are in the situation we are in now? And please nobody praise this guy for his ‘refreshing honesty,’ the situation has gone well past that point. He’s a disgrace and I can’t wait for him to leave.
Quite mellow about this to be honest. He's not telling us anything that we didn't all know. Just surprised that Eddie put up with it as long as he did but by the time the injuries started to bite who else was there ?

Just been reading an article by Neil Perrett about Nathan Ake and what he likes to do off the pitch.

In the article it says against Aston Villa Nathan will be making his 100th appearance for our club.

Well Nathan let’s hope you stay at AFCB and make many, many, more appearances, you have been a real class central defender for us and a joy to watch.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/action-man-nathan-set-for-century-duty/

Last edited:
Just as a matter of interest where are the weaknesses our players should be exploiting in your team? ;)

To be honest there are quite a few. We have looked much better with 3 at the back but all 3 of them are a bit of a liability sometimes. Hause is a decent defender and unbeatable in the air but his passing is truly woeful at times.

Our midfield players have improved, Luiz looks like he will be superb one day and Nakamba is in top form right now. However we still leave lots of gaps in behind them.

We give the ball away too easily.

In the final 3rd, Grealish is the only player who consistently delivers. Our final ball at times is dreadful. Samatta is new to the league so it will take him awhile to get up to speed.

We're 16th for a reason and without Grealish I think we'd probably be bottom. We have seemed to turn a bit of a corner but I can't see us dominating the game saturday in any way.

;