AFC Bournemouth v Stoke City - League Cup Third Round

Anyone agree with Senesi getting Man of the Match tonight? I couldn't understand it myself. Thought Lewis Cook played really well again. Rothwell too. Either of those two for me. Dom was class but only on for a short time (time enough! ) hope his ankle is OK.

Comfortable win. Always a bit disjointed when you make loads of changes. Still, Traore looks neat and tidy but won't force his way into the side unless he influences games more. Thought Rothwell was good. Dango erratic as ever. Adams' cameo not bad and he had a lot to say so you can see why he's been a captain for his country.

Comfortable win. Always a bit disjointed when you make loads of changes. Still, Traore looks neat and tidy but won't force his way into the side unless he influences games more. Thought Rothwell was good. Dango erratic as ever. Adams' cameo not bad and he had a lot to say so you can see why he's been a captain for his country.
Yes- Dango frustrating tonight- did one or two really neat things and you thought-wow- but then on some basic stuff he seemed to keep fluffing his lines

O.Dango creates a chance. We might make an appearance on sky sports news to show something for the first time this evening.

The big issue tonight is that a WIN has happened at last...no matter it is Cup and versus a Championship club ...

And Liverpool next... excellent draw...if we are to win the thing...clubs like this have to be eliminated.
Well, we're not going to win the cup, so doesn't really matter who we play. Better that it's at home so more people can watch it. Also hopefully with it being Liverpool, it'll be a good game win or lose.

Yes- Dango frustrating tonight- did one or two really neat things and you thought-wow- but then on some basic stuff he seemed to keep fluffing his lines

I think he's just that sort of player who will always do two good things then two bad. You can put up with it if the good leads to goals but if it doesn't he'll end up like Jordon Ibe. Tbf he works a lot harder than Ibe.

Funny how people see a match,

I thought Traore was anonymous and constantly gave it away and didn’t make any effort to get it back.

Thought he was justified to be pulled at half time, I reckon he will be gone Jan or Summer, will be 3rd choice at best for the only role he can play once Scott is fit.

Agree with everything else you said, not looking for an argument just genuinely find it interesting two people see a game so different.

Funny how people see a match,

I thought Traore was anonymous and constantly gave it away and didn’t make any effort to get it back.

Thought he was justified to be pulled at half time, I reckon he will be gone Jan or Summer, will be 3rd choice at best for the only role he can play once Scott is fit.

Agree with everything else you said, not looking for an argument just genuinely find it interesting two people see a game so different.

I was saying that skill wise he looks ok but he had no impact on the game, which isn't good enough to get him in the side with the players he has ahead of him. It was not a positive comment about him.

I was saying that skill wise he looks ok but he had no impact on the game, which isn't good enough to get him in the side with the players he has ahead of him. It was not a positive comment about him.
Think we'll have to loan him out as we'll make to much of a loss if we sell him now.

Totally underwhelming first half of frustration and we seemed to be in O’Neil mode?
Class told in the end when Dom steadied the attack and Christie ran the midfield…thought Pearson was booked unjustly for a soft foul and he was livid about it too!…. Nice to see Brooks,Cook,Rothwell and Pearlo having a chat on the pitch at the end of the game…Moore seemed to storm off immediately at the final whistle not shaking hands with anyone!
Radu 6 not sure about him tbh not really tested but his ball at his feet made me nervous
Smith 6 Solid but unspectacular return to the side
Zarbarnyi 6 Steady at the back
Senesi 6.5 Solid and played the ball out well at times
Kerkez 6.5 Got forward well but his shooting and crossing was poor took a few hits in the tackles
Brooks 6 subdued and his passing was off kilter
Rothwell 6.5 Battled and at least scored from a free kick (a tad flukily)
Cook 8 Bossed the game in midfield and looked on his game
Dango 5.5 not really at the races tried some fancy back heels and flicks which didn’t come off…looks slower than he was last season too?
Traore 4 very poor and lacked any quality
Semenyo 5 showed he is not a lone striker through the middle

Subs
Solanke 7 composed finish for his goal and looked our best hope, his injury looked like a hip or back problem not an ankle one hopefully not to serious
Christie 7 Classy and hard working nearly scored bringing out a good save.
Moore not enough time to get into the game, not sure why he didn’t get on before Dom and was clearly frustrated about that IMO
Tavernier 6 some energy and neat touches
Adams 5.5 saw not enough for me to be encouraged, nice dive which upset the Stokies!

Referee 5 don’t like him bit inconsistent with his bookings and fussy lecturing of players

Well we are through and have a chance v Klopps boyz at home next round before we get Port Vale in quarters and Exeter in the semis !

;