AFC Bournemouth v West Brom

It felt great to be back, watching the Cherries in a League match added bonus it was an evening match. Just so enjoyable being back in Dean Court, doing what you love, watching the flippin' Cherries. Saw so many people we haven't seen for over a year : )

It was the first time for what must be decades there was no Eddie, Jason, Purchy or Mossy. It's a new beginning, after all the dour reports of Parkerball, it's good to see a "team" forming. I'm not a tactics or formations guy, I'm happy with 11 guys trying their hardest as a unit. We had what used to be our "cup team" out tonight but they had cohesion and effort. : )

I think Scottie and his coaches have worked wonders in 6 weeks, with a squad in flux, injuries, players going, players wanting to go, players not sure their staying ( Smithy and Stan only decided to stay a fortnight ago). Including the bench, it was about 50% academy players, yet the players on the pitch went toe-to-toe with a recent PL team, withstood their physicality and played the better football when we could : )

It was "real" football :- heroes to cheer, villains to boo, officials to abuse, thrills, spills, sublime skills, mistakes, pisstakes and 10000 of us were (lucky enough) to be there : )

Attendance 9,254.

Main Stand were the letdown as usual, nearly 2k on "holiday" - must be Centre Parks for most of them this year after all it's been such a tough year for the upper middle class and there's been so many games lately. Ok benefit of the doubt more likely 1.5k as the ticket office aren't capable of counting competently.

I couldn't fault the effort and the youngsters were a breath of fresh air. I've been waiting two seasons for Kilkenny to get his chance to start and I hope he grasps it with both hands. This season is about rebuilding and Parker making his stamp on things. If we're vaguely in contention for the playoffs I'll be happy.

Positives for me were two very well worked goals and the youngsters that grew into the game.

The negatives were two poor goals conceded and some of the more experienced players disappearing a bit 2nd half.

Will reserve judgement on Parker’s tactics as bit of a one off game against a hard, physical team who to be fair kept their high press going for the whole game.

I reckon there are 15 hard physical teams this season

At half time as well as Mr Fletcher another coach came out and to me had a problem just walking. I was told it was Gareth Stewart our former keeper who is a goalie coach. I remember him in goal and leave it at that.
He’s the new Neil Moss after 1 game?

Travers kicked long throughout the game - is this direction from Parker? He also seemed glued to the line - he needs to come for crosses and demonstrate greater confidence.
Respect to the fans tonight - put on a good show from the first minute.

We must have been watching at different times then. In the second half when they were piling in the high crosses I can clearly remember at least 4 occasions when he came out commandingly and punched clear. As for the kicking I can’t believe it wasn’t part of the plan. If it wasn’t then SP would have soon got the message out to him.

I reckon there are 15 hard physical teams this season

There will only be a couple who are as effective as them at pressing as well though. They did an excellent job of giving us no way out, I can't see many other teams managing to do that for 90 minutes.

It felt great to be back, watching the Cherries in a League match added bonus it was an evening match. Just so enjoyable being back in Dean Court, doing what you love, watching the flippin' Cherries. Saw so many people we haven't seen for over a year : )

It was the first time for what must be decades there was no Eddie, Jason, Purchy or Mossy. It's a new beginning, after all the dour reports of Parkerball, it's good to see a "team" forming. I'm not a tactics or formations guy, I'm happy with 11 guys trying their hardest as a unit. We had what used to be our "cup team" out tonight but they had cohesion and effort. : )

I think Scottie and his coaches have worked wonders in 6 weeks, with a squad in flux, injuries, players going, players wanting to go, players not sure their staying ( Smithy and Stan only decided to stay a fortnight ago). Including the bench, it was about 50% academy players, yet the players on the pitch went toe-to-toe with a recent PL team, withstood their physicality and played the better football when we could : )

It was "real" football :- heroes to cheer, villains to boo, officials to abuse, thrills, spills, sublime skills, mistakes, pisstakes and 10000 of us were (lucky enough) to be there : )

Now that’s a proper game report!

:)

Of course..if we'd had the Big Stars playing we would gave won 3-0 innit ?
Lerma and Pearson would have prevented their goals and Dan the Man scores the 3rd!
:eek:
OK that'll do from me...I'll get my coffee, root out my hedge clippers , get off here for a few hours in the garden...and get my head around ' yet another' possible formation and assembly of Cherries v N Forest !

Some comments from Fulham forum.

Answer to question on anyone watching the game.

I am. Good game, end to end stuff. Bournemouth don't look like a Parker side.

Some quality football... cannot see this league being an easy time .

I just can't remember the last time we played with the type of forward energy these 2 are playing with. Hard to think of Bournemouth as a Parker team.

I do think we have better players but we will need to move the ball a lot quicker than we are used to.

Really enjoyed this as a spectacle, and I think both sides will be in or around the top six come May.

I'm so very pleased that we are back in the thick of it.

Thought it was a great match that once again has shown that this league is going to be a tough one.

Classic championship game. Exciting, high scoring, but dreadfully lacking in quality. Top Championship sides are just a mishmash of the same 30 players slightly too crap for the Premier League. Bournemouth and WBA are perfect examples of this.

Hope we smash them both.

West Brom looked very impressive second half. Bournemouth got a great point considering that and also the number of injuries they have.

WBA = Wimbledon 1988

I think Stacey will make a good difference if we can get him fit and regular..and Pearson equally.
Not so bothered about Lerma and the wantaway Danjuma de Groenvald.

Overall though whatever Parker sees as best options - I'll be happy to go with...he has taken a team up before so we could give him the 'benefit of the clout' for a good few months at least.

I think Stacey will make a good difference if we can get him fit and regular..and Pearson equally.
Not so bothered about Lerma and the wantaway Danjuma de Groenvald.

Overall though whatever Parker sees as best options - I'll be happy to go with...he has taken a team up before so we could give him the 'benefit of the clout' for a good few months at least.
Those foreigners eh?

Not sure how accurate the attendance figure will be as at least one turnstile was "misbehaving" yesterday.

There's a limit to how long anyone will stand holding their season ticket with WAIT on a screen before they just walk through the freely-spinning turnstile.

;