AFC Bournemouth v Wolves

On a positive note I thought that Scott looked fearless and very promising for the immediate future. A pretty decent debut.
I also thought that Dango looked back to his best form, which could also prove useful moving forwards.

We’re not playing badly but we keep finding new ways to throw away well earned points.
Hopefully we’ll get a break soon and can start collecting the points we are capable of collecting.

:utc:
I think a front pivot of Dom billing Scott brooks and tav is decent - lots of creativity and now need dango kluivert and sinisterra to start having an impact when they come on.

Not having adams is a real issue in the CDM position and a voice on the park

Neto was a star last season but maybe time to rest now given a few mistakes.

I think a front pivot of Dom billing Scott brooks and tav is decent - lots of creativity and now need dango kluivert and sinisterra to start having an impact when they come on.

Yeah except none of them are above average pace wise for those positions. That'd be my only concern relying on them from the start.

Spending money on Adams as a CDM was nuts and what on earth does ‘having a voice on the park’ mean? If that is what you think we are lacking then we are done!
And the wording ‘a front pivot’ is laughable!

I absolutely hated our players talking to GON at the end covering their mouths with their shirts. Body language was get me out of here pretty damn quick….

The Wolves player that tackled Billing for their second goal was in the penalty area when Neto took the goal kick. How is that allowed ?
I asked that on another thread! Noone seems to know.

1. Procedure

• The ball must be stationary and is kicked from any point within the goal area by a player of the defending team
  • The ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves
  • Opponents must be outside the penalty area until the ball is in play
but then...

If, when a goal kick is taken, any opponents are inside the penalty area because they did not have time to leave, the referee allows play to continue.

1. Procedure

• The ball must be stationary and is kicked from any point within the goal area by a player of the defending team
but then...

If, when a goal kick is taken, any opponents are inside the penalty area because they did not have time to leave, the referee allows play to continue.

Yep. Point 2 I this link basically indicates exception to the rule can be made if the gk takes it quickly, not allowing the attacking player (s) to leave it. So there's no case for us feeling hard done by on this occasion imo

Ladt season it was clear he was a significant upgrade imo.

He looked vastly more composed and the defense responded to it well immediately... it was night and day compared to Travers.
He conceded 41 goals in 26 starts, which I think is about average for a bottom half of the table keeoper, but I agree it was night and day compared to Travers after Parker's inspirational leadership led to his massive loss of form. Unfortunately, it looks like history is repeating itself as seemingly the effects of Neto's bereavement has already led to him conceding half as many goals as last season.

1. Procedure

but then...

But he did have time to leave the penalty area. He could have left via the goal line. Doesnt say he needs to leave from the top or sides of the box.

Ladt season it was clear he was a significant upgrade imo.

He looked vastly more composed and the defense responded to it well immediately... it was night and day compared to Travers.
He wasn't night and day better than Travers.....Travers wasn't that bad....certainly nothing like as sh1t as Worsal has been this season.

Giving benefit of the doubt, perhaps they thought it was a harsh red as couldn't see it, but who knows, we have a fair few clueless or happy clapper types in our ranks.
Aye, hard to see the difference between contact and a dive in real time. Even with the benefit of a slowed down replay on TV, I, at first, thought it was a dive. Eventually we got another angle that did show clear contact, at which point my hope for VAR to intervene died.

Clutching at straws here.
Fair enough but no more clutching than VAR hairline offside decisions.

If a player is offside by 1cm then they are offside.

If a player can leave the penalty area they can leave the penalty area.

Both are matters of fact not interpretation.

Sauce for the goose ...

;