AFCB v West Ham

Just seen Motd.....jeez !..Brooks showed what a football brain he has....seems to be encouraging the others to link play better with his example. His passing was Man City standard! Callum and Josh did that well today too! Not one bad show from any of the team!
I wish the pundits would shut up about Callum and Chelsea.
It's always about what They Need!...yet they are in the top six with scores of players out on loan...it's pathetic!

Last edited:
Why is your game called football when only about 2 players on either team ever kick the thing?
When I was a nipper we played a game in school playtimes called British Bulldog, which got regularly banned by the head teacher because of all the cuts, bruises, bloody noses and torn clothing that it caused.
The lads divided themselves in two equal teams, and lined up facing each other at opposite ends of the playground and on the word "go" they steamed into each other somewhere in the middle. The winning team was the one that got most players to the opposite end of the playground.
The only major differences between BB and American "football" as I recall were;
1. It was played on tarmac
2. There was no large egg to chase and throw around.
3. The players weren't all dressed up like Michelin men.
4. There was no referee to control the mayhem.
5. There were no repeated breaks for TV adverts.

It's a SuperSunday again and we are all in good mood I think...so now ...a bit of Trivia;
Anyone remember the guy, who at the end of our promotion season said on a forum " Bournemouth won't even get 10 points in the PL ".....I think it was a M'boro fan.......Well.....yesterday we racked up our 160th point!
Sometime next season....it will pass 210!

It's a SuperSunday again and we are all in good mood I think...so now ...a bit of Trivia;
Anyone remember the the guy, who at the end our promotion season said on a forum " Bournemouth won't even get 10 points in the PL ".....I think it was a M'boro fan.......Well.....yesterday we racked up our 160th point!
...so many doubted our pedigree to stay in The PL, and that is one of the few things that I like about it all....we are batting way above our average....however IF the TV money ever disappeared we would be scuppered!

Anyone remember the guy, who at the end of our promotion season said on a forum " Bournemouth won't even get 10 points in the PL ".....I think it was a M'boro fan.......Well.....yesterday we racked up our 160th point!

I can remember a Derby fan saying he was glad Bournemouth had got promoted - because we would break their record for the lowest ever points gained!

Tosser!!

When I was a nipper we played a game in school playtimes called British Bulldog, which got regularly banned by the head teacher because of all the cuts, bruises, bloody noses and torn clothing that it caused.
The lads divided themselves in two equal teams, and lined up facing each other at opposite ends of the playground and on the word "go" they steamed into each other somewhere in the middle. The winning team was the one that got most players to the opposite end of the playground.
The only major differences between BB and American "football" as I recall were;
1. It was played on tarmac
2. There was no large egg to chase and throw around.
3. The players weren't all dressed up like Michelin men.
4. There was no referee to control the mayhem.
5. There were no repeated breaks for TV adverts.

Remember British Bulldog well..such fun!
More recently....It was played at Goodison Park last week.. Less fun!

For me...a Double over the famous East London club, West Ham, is another milestone/ tick in the box, for the now famous Global Phenomenon that presents as AfcBournemouth! With...Fans in Sydney, Melbourne, Philidelphia, Toronto, Audenshaw!, Cornwall, London, Southampton( oh yes), China and loads of other, obscure places before you even consider the 500, 000 conurbation/ catchment area!
So ......a new Stadium is begging to be built!

For me...a Double over the famous East London club, West Ham, is another milestone/ tick in the box, for the now famous Global Phenomenon that presents as AfcBournemouth! With...Fans in Sydney, Melbourne, Philidelphia, Toronto, Audenshaw!, Cornwall, London, Southampton( oh yes), China and loads of other, obscure places before you even consider the 500, 000 conurbation/ catchment area!
Was thinking exactly the same earlier today. Of all our PL doubles so far, this has to be the most meaningful. West Ham is a club with a big tradition in the top league and currently a club with good backing and ambition. Surreal to think that our little AFC Bournemouth has beaten them 4-1 over two legs this season. It’s just the start but as you say another milestone for our little club !
:utc:

Audenshaw doesn’t often come with an (!) but hey it’s good to be recognised as a worldwide venue.

:utc:

Audenshaw doesn’t often come with an (!) but hey it’s good to be recognised as a worldwide venue.:utc:

Audy....I only put the ! In because it's under the noses of that big two you know who.
I stayed there once in a B&B....when I watched City at Maine Rd after Boscombe had played at Oldham in the week before...I got it cheap as my Mancunian mates uncle ran it !
A nice little place with a couple of very good pubs!

Last edited:

;