Ake on his way ?

We do not know if Ake has a get out figure in his contract.

Also Chelsea I believe have some sort of agreement to have first choice on him.

What that figure is we don’t know.

"You can bet your bottom dollar that his boss tells him the sky is the limit, not AFC Bournemouth. "

Eh ?? Why would Eddie be telling him that ??

Look at the belief that EH gives our players. Do you not think that belief also makes them think they could do it elsewhere? Why wouldn't they? To try and make Ake think he's only good enough for AFCB would be utterly ridiculous and he'd probably just force his way out.

The fact is, Ake's future is bigger than what we will achieve. I know it's not nice to hear, it's not nice to write, but it is true and he'll be gone at some point, hopefully as late as possible.

Look at the belief that EH gives our players. Do you not think that belief also makes them think they could do it elsewhere? Why wouldn't they? To try and make Ake think he's only good enough for AFCB would be utterly ridiculous and he'd probably just force his way out.

The fact is, Ake's future is bigger than what we will achieve. I know it's not nice to hear, it's not nice to write, but it is true and he'll be gone at some point, hopefully as late as possible.
...in the world of PL that we operate in, it is inevitable that as we gain more success the big clubs will come to grab our talented players? That makes what Howe has achieved so incredible that we haven't really to date had any of our squad, apart from Ritchie, tempted away.
There is nodoubt that Ake and Brooks are potentially huge players who will move on to bigger clubs IMO.....

...in the world of PL that we operate in, it is inevitable that as we gain more success the big clubs will come to grab our talented players? That makes what Howe has achieved so incredible that we haven't really to date had any of our squad, apart from Ritchie, tempted away.
There is nodoubt that Ake and Brooks are potentially huge players who will move on to bigger clubs IMO.....

Agreed - the difference is that hopefully the club will at least have some say in when they go, and how much for.

I think the oft quoted 40m is because that’s the clause in our first dibs to Chelsea transfer agreement. That will trigger his move and only if Chelsea don’t want him will it become a bidding war. He loved it there and they are in the most need of defensive players so I would expect they might just accept it.

As others have said we have been very fortunate as a fan base not to lose our best players...this won’t last for ever and you can foresee bids for Ake and potentially King in the next two windows. Cook if he regains last seasons form. Everyone else should stay.

The good news is we can plan for the inevitable... 40m will get you two Lerma equivalent centre halfs from Europe or Mepham and one other with plenty of change.

Although won’t most people on here not want him replaced and to go with a new training ground instead? ;)

Chelsea are selling Nathan Ake to Bournemouth but are already preparing to buy him back.

The 22-year-old impressed on loan with the Cherries last season only to be brought back into the Blues fold in January by boss Antonio Conte.

But after failing to break into the first team Conte is set to accede to Ake's request for regular football by letting him leave with Eddie Howe set to pay £20million for the Dutch international who is comfortable at centre-half, full back or in midfield.

The deal is set to include a buyback clause with the Premier League champions appearing to have learnt from having watched young talent leave the club and flourish elsewhere in recent years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...emouth-transfer-buy-back-clause-a7814166.html

Chelsea had included a buy-back clause when they sold their highly-rated academy talent to Bournemouth back in 2017, which would allow the Blues to sign him for a fee of £40million in the future.

http://www.mediareferee.com/2018/10...n-this-premier-league-defender-for-40million/

Last edited:
Let’s be honest with ourselves. If he doesn’t go in January he will go next summer. He’s a fantastic player and we are lucky to have him but it won’t last forever

Why don't we sell ALL our players to the BIGGA BOYS. and shut down afcb( lower case letters now). The ground can be turned into a music venue for local bands or championship conkers. If we are gonna do this Tinpot stuff ..let's crack on.
I asked a Man U fan after their game against Chelsea if he was going to stay in the pub for the Blackburn/Leeds match..
" No mate..I don't bother with any of that c##p....I only watch Man Us top six games"
What about the Bournemouth game? I queried...
" Well actually your doing great arnt ya ? " he said.
I said "Top Six...last time I checked....slightly better than um.....um......Watford and a few others ".

But we don't want to have those conversations do we.?..NO.
We wanna local derby with the Poppies...New Cherries V Poppies . Kinda got a nice ring to it ...Our ground? Branksome Rec. Re-open..pub called Dorset Knob nearby. Luvly Jubbly!

All clubs are Selling Clubs....
We sell Akes
We Do
We will sell Brooksy to you
We Sell Lewis Cookies
We do
And Ibes on 'is way too! :surrender:

PAH!

Why don't we sell ALL our players to the BIGGA BOYS. and shut down afcb( lower case letters now). The ground can be turned into a music venue for local bands or championship conkers. If we are gonna do this Tinpot stuff ..let's crack on.
I asked a Man U fan after their game against Chelsea if he was going to stay in the pub for the Blackburn/Leeds match..
" No mate..I don't bother with any of that c##p....I only watch Man Us top six games"
What about the Bournemouth game? I queried...
" Well actually your doing great arnt ya ? " he said.
I said "Top Six...last time I checked....slightly better than um.....um......Watford and a few others ".

But we don't want to have those conversations do we.?..NO.
We wanna local derby with the Poppies...New Cherries V Poppies . Kinda got a nice ring to it ...Our ground? Branksome Rec. Re-open..pub called Dorset Knob nearby. Luvly Jubbly!

All clubs are Selling Clubs....
We sell Akes
We Do
We will sell Brooksy to you
We Sell Lewis Cookies
We do
And Ibes on 'is way too! :surrender:

PAH!

The problem is Bill, that although the players have contracts to play for AFCB, they also have agents, who make their money as a percentage of the transfer price of said players - so said players will have someone whispering in their ear saying "big 6 club want you, plenty wonga to be made".

When this happens we can try to keep the player, offer a better contract - but if they want to go, what do you do? - keep a discontented player who wants to be elsewhere until they can leave for free, or cash in?

Chelsea had included a buy-back clause when they sold their highly-rated academy talent to Bournemouth back in 2017, which would allow the Blues to sign him for a fee of £40million in the future.

http://www.mediareferee.com/2018/10...n-this-premier-league-defender-for-40million/

Such utter gubbins, buy backs aren't structured flat as described here. 40M in the future, well no that will have an expiry. It throws the credibility of the whole article for question. That said, the fact that several places are taking 40M nd running with it makes me think that either an agent has been touting figures about or they're all clickbaity articles of no worth

The problem is Bill, that although the players have contracts to play for AFCB, they also have agents, who make their money as a percentage of the transfer price of said players - so said players will have someone whispering in their ear saying "big 6 club want you, plenty wonga to be made".

When this happens we can try to keep the player, offer a better contract - but if they want to go, what do you do? - keep a discontented player who wants to be elsewhere until they can leave for free, or cash in?
Yep agreed..that's the ongoing problem and the reasons..

My problem is seeing Boscombe come this far and having a huge potential in catchment area terms. only to now be halted in its tracks through lack of vision or whatever that problem is.
So.. I can't do much about it other than bang on about such things as being subservient to Spurs, Manu and co and generally taking the P##s out those fans that suck up to it!( Quite a number of those among our younger ones ..they've been sucked into the PL Money doctrine). Ok I know that is the reality....and it's not their fault but it's sad!
I really should shut up and accept it...but :confused: !

So the Sun says - I know they like to spout nonsense to sell papers - but anyone think there is any substance to this? Would be a big shame!

A few media outlets seemed to suggest that Eddie has conceded he might lose ake in January. Again who knows where that comes from and goes against what he last said publically. Gets a reaction and hits on their websites of course...

maybe - maybe not. Bound to move on at some stage. Only thing worth worrying about is who is lined up to replace him whenever it happens.

Our only hope is that he remembers the frustration of sitting on the bench or not even being in the squad which is where he will be if it is one of the top teams.

;