Alex Scott

Scott is a ten not a 4 or 8 as we saw when he lost the ball badly with no cover to give them a lifeline.
I think this is incredibly harsh. He’s a young player, with barely any experience in the Premier League, coming back from an injury after a lengthy time off.

He thought he had more time than he did, he made an error, as all players do and have done. To write him off playing certain positions due a split second decision is wrong in my view.
Scott was written off as not able to play central midfield after the Forest game. Writing off a 20 year old, coming back from injury for one mistake.
Not technically what I said. I was one of the leading cheerleaders on here to sign Scott if you dig up his thread. I just don’t think he is a holding central midfielder at top level but he is potentially world beating offensive central midfielder.

Kind of says what I said isn’t it? Normally he plays in offensive positions but he can add something playing from deeper. If everyone was fit he would be playing Adams and Cook with Scott in front id imagine. Or maybe Adam’s on his own and Scott and Christie further forwards. Scott will play as a deeper midfielder in an emergency only, he’s played on the wing as well.

At top level he is an attacking midfielder not a defensive one to me.

Not really, you said he could only play as a 10. Before trying to create some wiggle room for yourself after the following game. :)
I didn’t say he couldn’t play there I said he is a 10 not a 4 or an 8 to me. And I’d concede a bit on the 8 not the 4!

Digging up old threads to be provocative…. Was arguing with Del all day yesterday not enough for you? :grinning: ;) (I agree with you btw)

;