Another day, another dodgy decision for the top six

I’m trying to imagine the conversations at PGMOL hq with Mike Riley.
“Never mind Anthony, according to the statistics you would have got 95% of your decisions correct”
“Please Sir, know that but what about the decisions I didn’t make like not sending Gomes off after he had been a naughty boy”
“That’s alright Anthony, as you didn’t make a positive decision it doesn’t count towards the statistics”
“O thank you sir for helping me keep my clean sheet of not sending players off and not feeling I got it wrong and upsetting your statistics”

I’m trying to imagine the conversations at PGMOL hq with Mike Riley.
“Never mind Anthony, according to the statistics you would have got 95% of your decisions correct”
“Please Sir, know that but what about the decisions I didn’t make like not sending Gomes off after he had been a naughty boy”
“That’s alright Anthony, as you didn’t make a positive decision it doesn’t count towards the statistics”
“O thank you sir for helping me keep my clean sheet of not sending players off and not feeling I got it wrong and upsetting your statistics”

Its the blind leading the blind.
Mind you it was raining, maybe he didn't want to get his red card wet.

Anyone think that the Wolves red card against City would've been red the other way around?
(Not saying it wasn't a red card).

do PL games get reviewed to identify and punish all the bits missed by officials?
not that it makes any difference to us but the thug who grabbed lerma round the neck would surely be facing a three match ban?

Depends entirely on whether a high profile former player in front of a Sky camera plays it on a loop in slow mo' for 10 minutes becoming more outraged by each replay until eventually accusing the player of GBH.

After all the woes and predictions over the last few games, particularly by a resurrected poster, it's great that Jeff Lerma didn't pick up a booking. I think there was only one tackle where he got close in tackling and I feared that ref may have given a yellow there, but thankfully he didn't !

anyone know when the slate gets wiped clean?

Anyone think that the Wolves red card against City would've been red the other way around?
(Not saying it wasn't a red card).

I think it would be 50/50, which is pretty much how I saw the decision too. Think the previous tackle from Company on Salah was mentioned, where I think that could have been red as well.
Also, I feel the penalty on Sterling was clear as day but because its Sterling, some people are shouting it as a dive.

anyone know when the slate gets wiped clean?

Quite a while away, I think end Feb or mid March. Just he's already well above the previous threshold, which he's had a suspension for and close to the next one before the deadline. They changed it a bit this (or last) season as well so it's less clean slate more delayed/reduced punishment

I think it would be 50/50, which is pretty much how I saw the decision too. Think the previous tackle from Company on Salah was mentioned, where I think that could have been red as well.
Also, I feel the penalty on Sterling was clear as day but because its Sterling, some people are shouting it as a dive.
It was a very similar foul to the one not given on Brooks at Everton

Quite a while away, I think end Feb or mid March. Just he's already well above the previous threshold, which he's had a suspension for and close to the next one before the deadline. They changed it a bit this (or last) season as well so it's less clean slate more delayed/reduced punishment
Premier League:
- One-match ban if five yellow cards received before 19 Premier League fixtures (Dec. 26 round)
- Further two-match ban if 10 yellow cards received before 32 fixtures (weekend of March 30)
- Further three-match ban if 15 yellows received (no fixture limit)

No way is Jeff not getting any more yellows til the end of March so he may as well go back to playing his natural game. At least he will then have 2 less games in which to collect the next 5

No way is Jeff not getting any more yellows til the end of March so he may as well go back to playing his natural game. At least he will then have 2 less games in which to collect the next 5
To be fair to Jeff it does look as though his hit rate regarding yellows per game is improving rapidly. This gives me some hope that when the next ban eventually comes, he will successfully avoid a third one. That's my hope anyway.
I think it has taken him a while to figure out what he can and cannot expect to get away with in the Premier League ( and the level of simulation and referee incompetence which needs to be factored in ) and being a smart lad I think he has adjusted his play accordingly.
I think over time his rate of cards per game will continue to drop down to normal levels.
:utc:

Not exactly great shakes to get below one a game

Though I do agree about him getting better, we know he can because he doesn't get second yellows. I also wonder if EH approached the PGMOL to highlight his bookings to fouls ratio

Not exactly great shakes to get below one a game

Though I do agree about him getting better, we know he can because he doesn't get second yellows. I also wonder if EH approached the PGMOL to highlight his bookings to fouls ratio
Yeah, I was basing it on his skill in avoiding a second yellow in games so far and the fact that in the last game he avoided a yellow altogether.
I sense a developing trend :)
Maybe Eddie approached the PGMOL too but I think it is reasonable if it took Jeff a while to figure out what he can get away with and what he cannot, so I'm optimistic that he'll continue to improve his ratio of cards to games.
(y)

;