Back him or sack him?

Back, sack or….(not crack)

• Back him

Votes: 54 50.0%
  • Sack him

Votes: 54 50.0%

• Total voters
All the talk when he arrived was of a ‘project,’ how can it be possible to be only a year into that project and Parker and the board being so far apart in what they want to do?

One possibility.

The Russia-Ukraine situation could be having a bigger impact on Max's financial plans than initially thought - especially as there is no end in sight. Therefore, perhaps the clubs overall strategy has had to be rethought if Max is now less willing to invest as much as he was planning before that situation arose in February.

One possibility.

The Russia-Ukraine situation could be having a bigger impact on Max's financial plans than initially thought - especially as there is no end in sight. Therefore, perhaps the clubs overall strategy has had to be rethought if Max is now less willing to invest as much as he was planning before that situation arose in February.
It's a very valid point and one that most of us could never validate. Max is a closed book at the best of times.

One possibility.

A very good point. I remember talk of Max bringing in other investors just before we were relegated and I wonder if that will form part of any near-term strategy.

A very good point. I remember talk of Max bringing in other investors just before we were relegated and I wonder if that will form part of any near-term strategy.
I just don't think he wants to sell the club. I think it's always been investors to share the load, right back to the Americans.

Kris Temple's tweet suggests Parker was given a lot of say in transfer strategy. However, seeing as that strategy appears to have been signing players on long-term contracts, then a few months later publicly calling them not good enough, Max seems to, understandably, be rethinking that position.

I also find it very difficult to believe that the board's intention to prioritise off-field investment over expensive transfers wasn't communicated to him. But then who knows.

If there has been a change in the strategy then it has to have come from Max. Why would the board change the starter for any other reason. The last time the was a 180° shift in strategy was when they shelved the plans for the south stand extension and that was because Max pulled the plug. As others have said this could be down to his personal financial situation, who knows?

Kris Temple's tweet suggests Parker was given a lot of say in transfer strategy. However, seeing as that strategy appears to have been signing players on long-term contracts, then a few months later publicly calling them not good enough, Max seems to, understandably, be rethinking that position.

I also find it very difficult to believe that the board's intention to prioritise off-field investment over expensive transfers wasn't communicated to him. But then who knows.

Who thinks the signings were prem quality last season: excluding loan players, huge question marks re lowe, dembele, marcondes (Brentford released him despite his play off displays), and hill (for the future) whereas christie and Moore would be expected to step up. Plus lost Cahill and Phillips but just brought in senesi at cb.

Hardly stocking the squad for the prem!

Who thinks the signings were prem quality last season: excluding loan players, huge question marks re lowe, dembele, marcondes (Brentford released him despite his play off displays), and hill (for the future) whereas christie and Moore would be expected to step up. Plus lost Cahill and Phillips but just brought in senesi at cb.

Hardly stocking the squad for the prem!

Then why did Parker give them long-term contracts? Parker also released Cahill (and Cook) not sure why this is used to justify his weak squad.

You're also overlooking the existing team with hundreds of Premier League caps between them and five new signings that look exactly like the type of players we need.

Then why did Parker give them long-term contracts? Parker also released Cahill (and Cook) not sure why this is used to justify his weak squad.

You're also overlooking the existing team with hundreds of Premier League caps between them and five new signings that look exactly like the type of players we need.

Firstly I doubt Parker gives them contracts. That was the point of making him head coach. Thus, surely contract details are down to Blake and Hughes?

Plus, who would sign on the basis that you get a year? I expect we were building for a 2 year plan to go up but went up straight away. Explains marcondes and lowe contracts. Maybe they thought dembele would step up but he hadn’t.

Finally, I have not been one of the negative posters this season on here. Think the squad is a reasonable one so we have a chance of staying up…..but not replacing Cahill and Phillips in pre season was the no 1 issue.

That position is so key but, while rest of signings have been good, that is the real issue. The fact Parker compounded it by playing 3 defenders shows the disconnect between him and board.

I would qualify this by saying that this window is a tough one and I don’t believe we should over pay for signings. Thus, £15m/£18m for Phillips is too much.

i said back him but thank god hes gone every hour the info seems to get worse ...

this was of interest to me, but it is the mail ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220831-012242_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220831-012242_Instagram.jpg
    660.2 KB · Views: 34
Here’s a stream of consciousness when your dog wakes you up at 5 am. So - psychobabble alert!

Two conflicting emotions for me.

One- the more irrelevant but genuine nonetheless- feel a bit for the guy. He wants to succeed with this club, club have always told him he won’t get funding this window to extent he knows he’ll need to make his game plan a success, but he can’t change his objectives/ambitions, so he thinks self-defence and explain to the media- “Look, I’m not a bad coach, but I can’t do what I want to do with the resources I’ve got.” The consequences of this must have been staring him in the face- undermining the squad, undermining/slagging off the board- but probably self belief and an inability to admit he’s wrong/ change his ambition from “coach ManCity” to “coach Bournemouth“ prevented him from doing what he should’ve done pre-season, and walked away. Staying in a job where basically (a) you know you’re not going to get what you want/think you need to make a success, but (b) you can’t contemplate quitting because it’ll be like acknowledging you’re a failure, is something most of us can understand even identify with.

The more relevant emotion though, absolutely right that he was removed. He set himself up as bigger than the club- if they’re not prepared to change their rules to suit my ambitions then I’ll keep bigging myself up to anyone who asks even if it means slagging off the squad and the board. The fact he wasn’t able or even prepared (mentally or technically) to make the most of the tools he’s got speaks volumes to me, and at the end of the day he’s paid an awful lot of money to do this job- he should have had the honesty to walk away before getting to the stage of throwing his toys out of the pram. And throwing the club under a bus at the same time. So ultimately the stronger and more relevant emotion is sorry Scott but you’ve behaved badly, you should have gone earlier. Seems like the club gave him time to grow up and coach our players effectively, but he didn’t want to. So yes- sorry but good riddance.

Now let’s get someone who’s prepared to love us- it’s not a big ask really!

;