Barnsley v AFC Bournemouth

Looks like a very similar line up and shape to the Coventry game. That was probably our best away performance this year so I can understand why JT has gone back to it.

Only Lewis Cook is the same from the midfield three, we had Smith and Stacey as the full backs as well so the make up of the team is vastly different.

Cold Friday night. Let’s be a bit more direct, hit Billing a bit more advanced, have Brooks, Surridge and Solanke buzzing around him, get it out wide for lots of crosses, Brooks can float to either side to double up.

Excited already.

Well I say good luck to Sam. He's got another chance to really stake a claim to a first team place and give Tindall a headache about what to do with the formation when Danjuma is fit again.

I also thought Billing looked alright when he came on so hopefully he can replicate that form.

My main question would be why not Rico at LCB and Kelly at wing back? It's where Rico has looked his best this season.

Not surprised we've gone back to a back 3 .....probably sensible......i'd rather we had the option of switching to a 4 in the second half if we're chasing a goal rather than vice -versa which is what has happened in the last 2 games.

Cold Friday night. Let’s be a bit more direct, hit Billing a bit more advanced, have Brooks, Surridge and Solanke buzzing around him, get it out wide for lots of crosses, Brooks can float to either side to double up.

Excited already.
I'd certainly have no problem with trying a more ugly approach in a game like this. It might detract some bodies from smashing Brooks constantly as well.

Three at the back, two up front. Recipe for a lack of service to the front two. :shrug:

We’ll probably score a hat full. :ROFLMAO:
I think it would be manageable with decent attacking wing backs, but aside from Stacy we don’t have these.

If they didn't speak to the media or came out with 'we were s*it the other night' you lot would still moan.
He’s not just saying ‘we were sh*t’ though is he? He’s constantly promising that we’ll learn but then we keep making the same mistakes. It becomes frustrating because they are just empty words

Great to see young Sam starting the game.

Come on lads, let’s get to this from the off.

After the last game I’m not predicting anything based on JT’s starting eleven ! It’s all about how those selected perform on the day !
:utc:

Was feeling pessimistic about this earlier in the week but have a feeling we will get something from this now - come on boys!!
1-2, S Cook and Billing

Rico, Kelly and Billing in the same team? Can only hope all three have a better game than they have so far this season.

;