Benfica Friendly Sunday

We need to sign a centre forward.kimg and Wilson will be away but hope 1 stays. Solanke and surridge won't get enough goals IMO
Surely if they both leave we need to sign replacements. I actually think that Solanke and Surridge will get goals but to go into the season with only two natural forwards would be insane.

Reasonable 90 overall. Much better with Kilkenny on, though he played in L Cook's deep position. I prefer him more advanced - Billing played that role this evening and was patchy. Give Kilkenny a try further forward.
Thought Kilkenny was very classy. He played that role better than Cook did! I know it’s only a friendly, but virtually every time I watch L Cook I’m left wandering what it is he actually offers.

Maybe Simpson isn’t good enough, but maybe he would do ok as backup in championship.
Having a pop at him is rather unfair. The lad is more a victim of our success than anything and us moving up the leagues when he was still in the youth team and finding himself in a premier league squad.
Pretty sure he isn’t coining £70k a week, chewing gum and looking as interested as me having a kick about in the garden. He does his best.

;