Blackburn - The Verdict

Travers played at Palace and let in 5, and at home to Watford last season and let in 3.
I would love to be proved wrong but I think we need an experienced keeper. He has probably played as often for Ireland as he has in the League for AFCB. a good loan spell would sort him out, like it did for Rambo.

And Rambo ended up f√cking off ....FFS! ( after he helped take us down along with Fraser and Wilson ! So what value was the big 'loan' for us ultimately ?

We currently have no other option than to play Travs into form. As long as the attack keeps doing their job, we might just have that luxury.
He’s bound to need a few games to get into the groove, so it’s pain we’ll have to take I fear. Let’s face it, the two shots he let in today were exactly the shots Begovic always lets in. So I don’t think we are any worse off and with Travs you can at least have the hope that soon he’ll find his mojo !

We develop young players...for other clubs! We make some Money from that to pay wages for someone like Defoe...or other players that don't want to stay and perform 100% because they too want to play elsewhere....like Wilson and Fraser!

OK then...let's keep doing that.....
..but its not about the Football any more....we are just observing a business going about its..... financial business!

And Rambo ended up f√cking off ....FFS! ( after he helped take us down along with Fraser and Wilson ! So what value was the big 'loan' for us ultimately ?
Ramsdale didnt end up fking off!+ as you say!!!!! He was sold for a 20million pound profit!! The lad didnt ASK for a transfer he was sold. Get your fking facts right!
He also saved our sorry asses on more occasions than anyone else last season.

Ramsdale didnt end up fking off!+ as you say!!!!! He was sold for a 20million pound profit!! The lad didnt ASK for a transfer he was sold. Get your fking facts right!
He also saved our sorry asses on more occasions than anyone else last season.
You can refuse to go...and stay loyal to the fans that supported your efforts.
What happens if they get relegated and we go up...he wants to return... for
' ambition ' ?

I enjoyed that. My big takeaway is that we need to relearn Championship style s**thousery. We knew we'd cracked it in the prem when the Stoke fans on their messaboard started crying about us time wasting, but what struck me today was how much fouling went unpunished. The stuff that refs always blew for to protect big club 50m quid investments totally flew under the radar today and we were almost undone a couple of times when some of our players stopped to appeal fouls that the ref barely batted an eyelid for.

I enjoyed that. My big takeaway is that we need to relearn Championship style s**thousery. We knew we'd cracked it in the prem when the Stoke fans on their messaboard started crying about us time wasting, but what struck me today was how much fouling went unpunished. The stuff that refs always blew for to protect big club 50m quid investments totally flew under the radar today and we were almost undone a couple of times when some of our players stopped to appeal fouls that the ref barely batted an eyelid for.
Agreed. Solanke in particular got completely manhandled repeatedly. He kept expecting the whistle that never came.

It was noted on the commentary how players got up after being fouled instead of rolling around like a bunch of sausage wallets that Prem players do.

intrigued by the way the ref called over their captain after multiple fouls (I counted 10), appeared to tell him that their next foul would be a booking, which it wasn't, and then immediately booked lerma for something similar...

Too early to reach conclusions, more just a few observations.

When teams get promoted to PL they get warned that they will be punished by the more clinical finishing of PL strikers when they have been used to getting away with mistakes in EFL. Today seemed opposite, our quality, Danjuma, was the difference, while Blackburn squandered chances (as did we) and stayed in game due to a gift.

Disappointed to play 5 defenders at home. Maybe without home crowd though it isn't the same. Call it a 3-4-3 if you like but felt more 5-2-3. Rico's injury and Mep's fitness may have led to the formation, wait to see if we repeat.

No issues with Travers, as a goalkeeping error for getting down too early isn't the worst.

S Cook's weakness remains apparent, still backing off. He was way off his man for second, any further back and he's stood behind Travers. I don't like his body language when conceding, negative and lots of pointing at people. When Mepham is fully fit, I would expect he and Kelly to be a better centre half partnership, which is challenging now he had armband.

Lewis did enough but needs teammates to take up better positions. Will give the ball away less as he gets more games. Billing looked clumsy and lethargic when he came on.

Very interesting now to see who plays against Palace. Hopefully another start for Travers, plus games for Simpson, Oforborh, K Taylor, and Surridge in a 4-4-2. Rest for Mepham, Kelly, Danjuma, Brooks

;