Callum Wilson

Yes but you may have forgotton about Spurs being interested in Wilson as Kane is out for two months.

Not seen anything, including Evening Standard about Spurs being interested in Wilson at the moment.

They did mention West Ham being interested in him. But that's laughable. Getting a bit too big for their boots.

Wilson seen fit and training with the rest of the squad in the latest video on COWS. Looks like he'll be playing on Saturday to me.

Mings was also there, so obviously still involved with us, for now at least...

:utc:

Suddenly deciding to spend £50m+ on a player just because another of your players is out for 6 weeks would be the definition of ‘panic buy’. That’s not how Levy operates.

West Ham aren’t interested in Wilson. But they are playing us next and want to unsettle him

SSN reporting that Chelsea have agreed the deal for Higuain which would kill any move for Wilson which makes me happy.

I think Chelsea are still a striker light if morata goes and also giroud rumoured to be off. Chelsea want £40m for either Batshuayi or Abraham so could view Wilson deal on a net basis of £10m-£20m if they sell one of them.

Not seen anything, including Evening Standard about Spurs being interested in Wilson at the moment.

They did mention West Ham being interested in him. But that's laughable. Getting a bit too big for their boots.
West Ham have wanted Callum since he scored the hat trick against them 3 years ago. He wasn't interested then so probably not now

SSN

West Ham have met Genoa’s £35million valuation of striker Krzysztof Piatek but the Serie A side have rejected the offer as they have guaranteed AC Milan first refusal on the 23-year-old, reports Sportitalia.

Piatek has agreed terms with Milan, according to Gazetta dello Sport, so it’s now just up to the two Italian clubs to reach a deal that the two sides agree with.

The original article says something slightly different. Firstly West Ham’s offer is less than Genoa are asking which is €40 million plus €5 million in add ons. Secondly that Milan will only let Higuain go to Chelsea if they secure Piatek. So, if there is any truth in the article, this might scupper Higuain’s move to Chelsea and reignite Chelsea’s interest in CW.

Oh, and if anyone from NSC is reading this, it says Piatek gets €500,000 a year at Genoa and will get four times that at Milan.

According to my daughter Eddie has just said on Sky that Callum is staying.

Does that mean he's off? (There's a creme egg and four hot cross buns riding on this following some serious debating in the minibus on the way home from Everton!

Well I hope he's staying, but I also suddenly really fancy the stake of that bet, might pop round to the shop

According to my daughter Eddie has just said on Sky that Callum is staying.

Does that mean he's off? (There's a creme egg and four hot cross buns riding on this following some serious debating in the minibus on the way home from Everton!
A few years ago, that was the fee we’d have received for him

So the clubs who were/are favourites to sign him have either denied interest or have got/getting their first choice.

Let’s hope that is what happens.

Today SSN

West Ham
Manuel Pellegrini has denied West Ham are interested in Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson in the event Marko Arnautovic leaves the club.

West Ham have been linked with Celta Vigo's Maxi Gomez and Wilson as potential replacements for Arnautovic, but Pellegrini, whose team faces Bournemouth on Saturday, insists the Hammers will not be making a move for the England striker.

Spurs
Mauricio Pochettino says to try and find a replacement for Harry Kane in the transfer market would be a mistake and believes Spurs have to find a "new star" from their academy.

Spurs look set to be without Kane for up to two months following an ankle injury and Pochettino has suggested they are not going to target the January transfer window for reinforcements.

Pochettino said: "I think in the end, if for another transfer window we don't sign players or we are not going to sign a striker, that is not going to be a gamble, it's not going to be a risk.

"I think we have players that can cope with that place when it's not Harry Kane available and, of course, if we want to find a player similar to Harry Kane, I think we are going to make a mistake."To find another Harry Kane is impossible, because we are talking about the three, four, five best strikers in the world."

Chelsea
According to Sky in Italy, the Blues have agreed a deal to sign striker Gonzalo Higuain on loan from Juventus until the end of the season, but Sarri says he does not know any details and is solely focused on preparing the team for matches.

AFCB
https://www.skysports.com/football/...ed-any-bids-for-callum-wilson-says-eddie-howe

Eddie said Callum felt something in his knee, hence his substitution today.

Also Eddie knew he would be fit at the beginning of the week.

At least he has 10 days to get over the problem.

Nearly had a second goal but hit the post.

I think we know how this is going to work.

Callum scores a hat trick in our next match to knock Chelsea out of the CL spots. With the transfer deadline looming, the Chelsea hierarchy panic and stump up £75 million for him.

Eddie turns around and blows the lot on Demarai Gray to finally get his man and kill off the thread on Vitals. DG does his ACL on his debut.

Leicester use the money to give Vardy another pay rise.

;