Cameron Carter-Vickers

Sad to see players settle for lower league football when they're capable of at least Championship football.

I think Rangers' European performances and the fact that Celtic beat them to the title would suggest that the idea they are below Championship level is b*llocks tbh.

I'm gutted he won't be joining us. 6 million for a player who never once put a foot wrong for us would be a bargain, IMO, other than Danjuma, he was the first name in the team sheet last season. A half season loan of Nat Philipps (who I would like us to sign if they are not asking silly money) apparently cost us 1.75 million, 6 million for CCV is great value.

I'm gutted he won't be joining us. 6 million for a player who never once put a foot wrong for us would be a bargain, IMO, other than Danjuma, he was the first name in the team sheet last season. A half season loan of Nat Philipps (who I would like us to sign if they are not asking silly money) apparently cost us 1.75 million, 6 million for CCV is great value.
Never put a foot wrong…

As Ironman has said - CCV is lacking in the height department and it is an important consideration for a CB - it was also Ake‘s Achilles heel. You can be a great player but some guy 4 - 6 inches taller will always have a big aerial advantage. Phillips has the physical attributes and a decent if unspectacular player on the floor too but was improving on this every game. He is a better overall option than CCV - especially with a quick and nimble Kelly as his partner - in my opinion.

CCV was very good in the air, a bit like Lerma, not very tall but won most of his headers.
Yes he was and so was Ake - who has an incredible leap but when leant on at a corner or ’pinned’ he couldn’t use it. Last season with CCV and Steve Cook - also not the tallest - we seemed to give away a lot of goals from set pieces.

Sad to see players settle for lower league football when they're capable of at least Championship football.
He is not signing for watford.

International caps, champions league experience where will it all go wrong for ccv?

Plenty of time to move to the 2 horse race best league in the world.

As Ironman has said - CCV is lacking in the height department and it is an important consideration for a CB - it was also Ake‘s Achilles heel. You can be a great player but some guy 4 - 6 inches taller will always have a big aerial advantage. Phillips has the physical attributes and a decent if unspectacular player on the floor too but was improving on this every game. He is a better overall option than CCV - especially with a quick and nimble Kelly as his partner - in my opinion.
Phillips physical attributes didn't help him much against Mitrovic .....Mitrovic didn't even have to jump!.....pretty pathetic effort from Phillips tbf.

Ah the old Scotland won the world cup by beating England in 1966 argument.

So if Scottish football is as lower league as you make out, how come Rangers got within a few kicks of winning a competition that included teams that fished 7th and 8th in the premier league? Doesn't sound much of a step down from the championship to me.

So if Scottish football is as lower league as you make out, how come Rangers got within a few kicks of winning a competition that included teams that fished 7th and 8th in the premier league? Doesn't sound much of a step down from the championship to me.
We won't know because Championship sides are unlikely to ever get into the competition. And thats not necessarily because they're worse than Rangers.

Celtic are are top team because they are better at beating low quality opposition than another side which did well in a competition that any club or reasonable size don't respect? The same competition that Celtic didn't get out of the group stages for?

Makes sense

Rangers and Celtic could hold there own in the bottom half of the PL. there are a couple of other sides who could be competitive mid table championship sides, the rest of the league is league one standard or bellow.

We won't know because Championship sides are unlikely to ever get into the competition. And thats not necessarily because they're worse than Rangers.

Premier league sides were in it, good ones at that. We got beat 6-0 by the worst side in the PL this season and weren't far off winning the championship. There's not much evidence to suggest championship sides are significantly better than SPL sides is there?

Premier league sides were in it, good ones at that. We got beat 6-0 by the worst side in the PL this season and weren't far off winning the championship. There's not much evidence to suggest championship sides are significantly better than SPL sides is there?
Are we taking Rangers one season as evidence then?

Are we taking Rangers one season as evidence then?

Their clubs have reached a final once every ten years and done ok on and off in Europe.

I'm not the one suggesting that going to Celtic is a step down from Championship football am I. Where's the evidence to support your claim? (The claim you appear to be supporting that is).

;