Cameron Carter-Vickers

Rangers and Celtic could hold there own in the bottom half of the PL. there are a couple of other sides who could be competitive mid table championship sides, the rest of the league is league one standard or bellow.

Which would suggest he's talking shite when he says moving to Celtic is a step down from the championship.

Celtic as a club certainly isn’t a step down from the championship, but the league as a whole most certainly is.

But he's playing for Celtic. There are many aspects to it and the relative quality of the worst sides in the league is a relatively minor one. He'll have the chance to play in Europe andaube even do well. I'm no advocate for the Scottish leagues and certainly not Rangers or Celtic who are extremely unlikeable clubs with unlikable fans but this idea that it's a big step down from the championship is snobbery that isn't really warranted.

Probably not changed much in two years.

The Scottish Premiership is one of the most direct leagues in Europe. That can be of little to surprise to any supporter who tunes into the league on a weekly basis – or did so before the league shutdown and was terminated.

It is an perception cemented by players who arrive into the country and are asked about the differences between Scottish football and the league where they moved from.

The answer often includes having to head the ball more, the ball being in the air a lot, little time on the ball etc.

It is more than a perception, it is the truth. It is part of the culture of Scottish football and it has been ingrained for many, many years.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...rope-it-part-our-culture-and-identity-2883137

https://fanbanter.co.uk/supercomput...tic-would-be-in-english-premier-league-table/

Last edited:
Their clubs have reached a final once every ten years and done ok on and off in Europe.

I'm not the one suggesting that going to Celtic is a step down from Championship football am I. Where's the evidence to support your claim? (The claim you appear to be supporting that is).
I didn't suggest that either. Perhaps you should reread the thread.

Celtic are are top team because they are better at beating low quality opposition than another side which did well in a competition that any club or reasonable size don't respect? The same competition that Celtic didn't get out of the group stages for?

Makes sense
As much sense as Nottingham Forest and Boro progressing in the FA Cup surely.

Should Boreham Wood be replacing AFCB in the EPL ?

Probably not changed much in two years.

The Scottish Premiership is one of the most direct leagues in Europe. That can be of little to surprise to any supporter who tunes into the league on a weekly basis – or did so before the league shutdown and was terminated.

It is an perception cemented by players who arrive into the country and are asked about the differences between Scottish football and the league where they moved from.

The answer often includes having to head the ball more, the ball being in the air a lot, little time on the ball etc.

It is more than a perception, it is the truth. It is part of the culture of Scottish football and it has been ingrained for many, many years.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...rope-it-part-our-culture-and-identity-2883137

https://fanbanter.co.uk/supercomput...tic-would-be-in-english-premier-league-table/
The culture of the EPL and the sleeping giants outside is that success is down to money. Foreign funds of questionable origin have turned the PL into a tourism business with poor atmosphere at most matches. The proper clubs outside the PL are desparately looking to get onto the gravy train.

The culture of the EPL and the sleeping giants outside is that success is down to money. Foreign funds of questionable origin have turned the PL into a tourism business with poor atmosphere at most matches. The proper clubs outside the PL are desparately looking to get onto the gravy train.

It amazes me that there are Scottish football fans who can't see that success in Scotland is every bit as dependent on money as it is in England. There are two rich clubs and they have won pretty much everything for over half a century. You don't occupy some sort of moral Highlands.

I used to fail to understand why players would choose to sign for Celtic or Rangers and consign themselves to playing only a few competitive games a season. But the more I think about it the more I think that the PL is no different, the quality is better for certain but the gap in class between the minority at the top and the rest is just as big. All this guff about ‘the best league in the world’ makes me cringe, money has killed the sport from a competitive standpoint.

I used to fail to understand why players would choose to sign for Celtic or Rangers and consign themselves to playing only a few competitive games a season. But the more I think about it the more I think that the PL is no different, the quality is better for certain but the gap in class between the minority at the top and the rest is just as big. All this guff about ‘the best league in the world’ makes me cringe, money has killed the sport from a competitive standpoint.
Depends what you mean by 'best league in the world '......money certainly raises the overall quality of any league.

No I'm sorry that's not true, there is much more competition in the EPL, mors teams that can win it. Any result possible, look at our results v Chelsea, plus wins against Liverpool, man utd etc

No I'm sorry that's not true, there is much more competition in the EPL, mors teams that can win it. Any result possible, look at our results v Chelsea, plus wins against Liverpool, man utd etc
Haven’t Man City won it 4 of the last 5 years?
Didn’t Man City and Liverpool finish around 20 points above anyone else last season?
there is marginally more competition in the PL, look at the SPL results from last season, I’m sure you can find the odd one off game in which a lower ranked team got a positive result against Celtic or Rangers. Anyone can beat anyone in a one off game in any league, when discussing competitiveness we are talking about the ability for it to happen consistently enough to alter final league standings.

Haven’t Man City won it 4 of the last 5 years?
Didn’t Man City and Liverpool finish around 20 points above anyone else last season?
there is marginally more competition in the PL, look at the SPL results from last season, I’m sure you can find the odd one off game in which a lower ranked team got a positive result against Celtic or Rangers. Anyone can beat anyone in a one off game in any league, when discussing competitiveness we are talking about the ability for it to happen consistently enough to alter final league standings.

No one other than Rangers or Celtic have won the title up there for over 35 years. They won 30 of the previous 40 titles between them too and it's as competitive as the English leagues?

Phillips physical attributes didn't help him much against Mitrovic .....Mitrovic didn't even have to jump!.....pretty pathetic effort from Phillips tbf.
A one off error doesn’t dispel the fact that a tall strong defender has an advantage over a shorter one, in aerial challenges. Was it pathetic or was Mitrovic too canny for Phillips - as he was for the whole Season against almost every team he played against ? I’m not suggesting Phillips is better than CCV btw - that’s another argument altogether.

A one off error doesn’t dispel the fact that a tall strong defender has an advantage over a shorter one, in aerial challenges. Was it pathetic or was Mitrovic too canny for Phillips - as he was for the whole Season against almost every team he played against ? I’m not suggesting Phillips is better than CCV btw - that’s another argument altogether.
I'd back Ake and Cookie to win a header over Phillips any day of the week....Ake's head was like a ball magnet.

;