Cameron Carter-Vickers

What are you talking about? In both cases the defender is outjumped by the attacker. It happens to most defenders when up against decent forwards.
Well you obviously don't understand what i'm talking about.....maybe i didn't explain the point i was making ........getting outjumped or missing a header happens to all CB's....not competing for a ball should never happen.

Well you obviously don't understand what i'm talking about.....maybe i didn't explain the point i was making ........getting outjumped or missing a header happens to all CB's....not competing for a ball should never happen.

You're trying to change your argument because someone has come up with an example of when Ake got done in a similar way. Phillips competed for the ball but Mitrovic was too strong and shoved him at the right moment which meant he couldn't get enough height. Both goals are equally poor defensively but these things happen against decent strikers.

I read in the Scottish Mail that Fulham and Bournemouth are watching developments closely with CCV. Celtic have an option built into the loan deal for 6m I think.
Kelly, Phillips, CCV would be a good combination to select from.

You're trying to change your argument because someone has come up with an example of when Ake got done in a similar way. Phillips competed for the ball but Mitrovic was too strong and shoved him at the right moment which meant he couldn't get enough height. Both goals are equally poor defensively but these things happen against decent strikers.
Lol changing my argument?.....I'm literally using the same words!......you just don't understand them.....not to worry though I'll put it in simpler terms.......the goals shown in the above clips have been an attacker beating a defender in the air.......no problem with that ....happens all the time.
Mitrovic didn't have to out jump Phillips because Phillips didn't jump at all!!.....he just stood there ......that is called not competing for the ball.

Lol changing my argument?.....I'm literally using the same words!......you just don't understand them.....not to worry though I'll put it in simpler terms.......the goals shown in the above clips have been an attacker beating a defender in the air.......no problem with that ....happens all the time.
Mitrovic didn't have to out jump Phillips because Phillips didn't jump at all!!.....he just stood there ......that is called not competing for the ball.

That's b*llocks. I've described what happened with Mitrovic's goal. Phillips did jump but he was pushed at the last minute by a canny striker, which meant he couldn't get any height. He was beaten in the air, out muscled as was Ake by Lukaku. It's poor by both defenders but it happens.

That's b*llocks. I've described what happened with Mitrovic's goal. Phillips did jump but he was pushed at the last minute by a canny striker, which meant he couldn't get any height. He was beaten in the air, out muscled as was Ake by Lukaku. It's poor by both defenders but it happens.
Phillips didn't jump Derek......no amount of arguing is going to change that fact....white will still be white even if you say it's black.

As anyone who has ever tried it will tell you - it's a lot easier to jump high when you're running forwards than it is when you try to jump from a standstill, and it is extremely difficult to get any height at all when running backwards. At corners and crosses the attackers often have a lot of space in which to run and jump, whilst the defenders have only a few yards at best, and often have to attempt a standing jump, or worse still, while backpedalling. To me it's unfair to criticise a defender for being out jumped when the attacker clearly has the advantage in this and similar situations. We expect our attackers to out jump opposition defenders when going for goal for this very reason.

He didn't jump Derek.

I'm not going to get my magnifying glass out to see if he left the ground to satisfy your bizarre distinction between Ake and Phillips' shite defending. They both got done in the air from w standing start. Both examples of **************** defending

As anyone who has ever tried it will tell you - it's a lot easier to jump high when you're running forwards than it is when you try to jump from a standstill, and it is extremely difficult to get any height at all when running backwards. At corners and crosses the attackers often have a lot of space in which to run and jump, whilst the defenders have only a few yards at best, and often have to attempt a standing jump, or worse still, while backpedalling. To me it's unfair to criticise a defender for being out jumped when the attacker clearly has the advantage in this and similar situations. We expect our attackers to out jump opposition defenders when going for goal for this very reason.
At corners and free kicks Ted Mac would always start his run from outside the box and rise above defenders taller than him to head the ball into the net.

Yes he did. he was reversing back and both feet were off the ground.
Mitro was impeding him also.
see for your self.

Perfect play by Mitrovic really as he prevented Phillips getting there but it's nowhere near enough for a foul. Phillips got caught on his heels and by the time he tried to jump he couldn't get enough height. Should have done better as should Travers in my opinion.

Last edited:
Perfect play by Mitrovic really as he prevented Phillips getting there but it's nowhere near enough for a foul. Phillips got caught on his heels and by the time he tried to jump he couldn't get enough height. Should have done better as should Travers in my opinion.
Arguably travers saved it!

;