Cardiff v AFC Bournemouth

Neil Warnock on Brooks and AFCB

“He’s probably the best young player in the league and he’s got that little bit about him, that Giggs thing, and I’m sure Eddie will be pleased with how he’s performed. I think he’ll be in the top European bracket in the next three or four years. He’s a sensible lad and he’ll go right up to the top.”

It’s a good challenge. They’ve done what we’d like to do over the next four or five years. They’ve invested heavily, took the lad Brooks from my old club Sheffield United. I looked at signing Lerma for £5m and they ended up signing him for £25m. They’ve done really well, Eddie is a nice guy, I was pleased when he went back to Bournemouth.”

Cardiff Team News

“I only want lads who are really ready. We’ve set ourselves a target for the next six games, the games are all important now and I’m sure the teams will all think we’re easy pickings. We could do with a fully fit squad. Morrison is probably a week or 10 days in front of where we thought, he could be four weeks but we don’t want to rush him back. It’s all hands on deck now, I’ve got to pick my best team to get the result we want. They’ve got threats all over the show and we’ve got to hope they don’t perform like they did the other night.”

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport...press-conference-cardiff-bournemouth-15764543

Neil Warnock on Brooks and AFCB

“He’s probably the best young player in the league and he’s got that little bit about him, that Giggs thing, and I’m sure Eddie will be pleased with how he’s performed. I think he’ll be in the top European bracket in the next three or four years. He’s a sensible lad and he’ll go right up to the top.”

It’s a good challenge. They’ve done what we’d like to do over the next four or five years. They’ve invested heavily, took the lad Brooks from my old club Sheffield United. I looked at signing Lerma for £5m and they ended up signing him for £25m. They’ve done really well, Eddie is a nice guy, I was pleased when he went back to Bournemouth.”

Cardiff Team News

“I only want lads who are really ready. We’ve set ourselves a target for the next six games, the games are all important now and I’m sure the teams will all think we’re easy pickings. We could do with a fully fit squad. Morrison is probably a week or 10 days in front of where we thought, he could be four weeks but we don’t want to rush him back. It’s all hands on deck now, I’ve got to pick my best team to get the result we want. They’ve got threats all over the show and we’ve got to hope they don’t perform like they did the other night.”

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport...press-conference-cardiff-bournemouth-15764543
...some good words in there and always thought him and Eddie were respectful of each other

IF and I mean if we got into Europe I wonder what Eddie's team selections would be? We all know how he prefers to rest his first team for the league in FA Cup rounds, would he reverse his philosophy because say Ajax were visiting? I can't see us being able to fight both fronts with the squad we have. We can basically hold our own on just one front so for me Europe is pointless if we wanted continuous premier league football.

Bit of a shame that Brooks is out. If Fraser is struggling too, I do think a 3-5-2(ish) system could be the way to go

—————Boruc
—Mepham -Cook—-Aké
Clyne———Lerma ———-Smith
———-Surman—Gosling
———-Solanke—King

Ibe looked good as a sub so could come in as a straight swap id the new boys aren’t ready yet

Without Brooks and Wilson, slightly less potent....Cardiff will give it one hell of an effort in view of their position and in memory of Sala...the crowd be will be highly charged....but I think we will be too much for them if Fraser, King and Stan are on form again.

No Minty ? Or Cherrybright !.....Fronkle a one-off? I think Mintys in Tasmania. The other two...Dubai? Dunfermline? Where do you go to my bubblies.....when your alone in the Dark....tell me the thoughts that surround you....

If we don't win today, there will be some interesting 6 pointer games at the bottom of the league. They will all be hoping for a Cherries win.

Hi all! Hoping that the Cherries follow up that amazing Chelsea win with a solid performance today.

I wanted to let you know that the Cardiff-Bournemouth game is the main Saturday morning game on regular NBC here in the States. That's a nice audience for the Cherries to strut their stuff. Not a time when a lot of Americans are watching TV but I know I will be. Hope they find someone besides Brooks to push the action today

Intriguing, here's hoping he can get off to a flyer. Just a bit annoyed that I forgot to change my fantasy team this morning was going to sub him in for Wilson, as cheap

If the defence and midfield perform to Wednesday's standards, we will be fine.
Good luck to Solanke.
Here's hoping the Scousers haven't sold us another pup!

;