Cup tickets Yeovil

I do get the reason why since it’s a ‘cup’ game after all but not sure how someone whose been to 1 home cup in 2 years and never been to an away can get priority over someone who’s not bothered with the cup games but been to 10 away games.

Cup points should he used as a 3rd means of selling tickets before they go general sale IMO.

The whole point of a points system is that it rewards loyalest fans. Before you say, I’ve got a ticket but a few friends with 10+ away points can’t.

I know there’s never a ‘fair’ way but interested to hear others thoughts?

The example you make is wrong as it drops from 2+ points to general sale. So “someone whose been to 1 home cup in 2 years and never been to an away” doesn’t get priority over “someone who’s not bothered with the cup games but been to 10 away games”

I do get the reason why since it’s a ‘cup’ game after all but not sure how someone whose been to 1 home cup in 2 years and never been to an away can get priority over someone who’s not bothered with the cup games but been to 10 away games.

Cup points should he used as a 3rd means of selling tickets before they go general sale IMO.

The whole point of a points system is that it rewards loyalest fans. Before you say, I’ve got a ticket but a few friends with 10+ away points can’t.

I know there’s never a ‘fair’ way but interested to hear others thoughts?
I agree, but only cos I'd benefit ;-)

Seriously, I think this is a good way of encouraging people to come along and take the bait. After all, if we got to Wembley there'd be more than enough spaces.

I'm almost resigned to missing this one but maybe there might be a space left.

The example you make is wrong as it drops from 2+ points to general sale. So “someone whose been to 1 home cup in 2 years and never been to an away” doesn’t get priority over “someone who’s not bothered with the cup games but been to 10 away games”
Ok, someone whose been the 2 cup games gets priority and someone whose never seen a single game in their life gets the same chance as someone with 10+ away points

Hopefully you can now see my point

I agree, but only cos I'd benefit ;-)

Seriously, I think this is a good way of encouraging people to come along and take the bait. After all, if we got to Wembley there'd be more than enough spaces.

I'm almost resigned to missing this one but maybe there might be a space left.
Surely they could make some more space available for a chair Rob. If you don’t manage to get a ticket I’d contact Yeovil directly and see what they could do.

Ok, someone whose been the 2 cup games gets priority and someone whose never seen a single game in their life gets the same chance as someone with 10+ away points

Hopefully you can now see my point

I can see the point. But equally, the cup points do make it easier for many to actually get a chance at getting to a home game. The atmosphere is often completely different and I get the feeling more families get to go. So the system does have its benefits.

Surely they could make some more space available for a chair Rob. If you don’t manage to get a ticket I’d contact Yeovil directly and see what they could do.
That’s kind thought but the last thing I’d want is preferential treatment.

It's rather poor that the ticket office on their Yeovil tickets page has it billed as a Carabao Cup game!

Given the bulk of the allocation is for the terrace, will it be possible to keep track of how many tickets are left on the ticket portal?

Last edited:
I can see the point. But equally, the cup points do make it easier for many to actually get a chance at getting to a home game. The atmosphere is often completely different and I get the feeling more families get to go. So the system does have its benefits.

Agree with DJ. It can be hard to get any points due to availability, so cup games are maybe all that's available for some. Cheaper too, so those who might not be able to afford regular matches might prefer to go to these.

Given the bulk of the allocation is for the terrace, will it be possible to keep track of how many tickets are left on the ticket portal?
Yes, each standing ticket is allocated a number on the ticket portal. It has dropped to 2 Cup Points today, and there's still plenty of tickets available.

;