Dan Gosling

Anyone see his face after scoring yesterday? Almost an angry stare. He knows it’s going to be a tough ride but believes that they can get this thing done. The rest of the team we’re cheering, smiling and patting him on the head but he didn’t let up his focus. It was other worldly.

Replaced the massive grin after the goal against Chelsea. Here’s a lad who cares massively about this club, a true member of the Dean Court family. He, along with Drew and Franno at times have taken some really personal stick yet when need arises there they are, ready to step in and up. Nobody is more pleased than I am to see it.

Anyone see his face after scoring yesterday? Almost an angry stare. He knows it’s going to be a tough ride but believes that they can get this thing done. The rest of the team we’re cheering, smiling and patting him on the head but he didn’t let up his focus. It was other worldly.

Jules.....quite simply ..this is my Post of 2019!
It says so much.
I noticed it ....but youve nailed it as a very significant observation.

When asked on a pre match video yesterday how many days are between Christmas and new year he answered “3.” Thank God his work rate levels and ability to nick a goal are higher than his IQ.

Doesnt appear that you are in a position to judge anyone's IQ. He obviously meant Arsenal, Brighton and West Ham. Too obscure for you to understand

Eddie once said that if he was to climb Everest he'd want Goso next to him...you can see why....he's been written off every season ....the first glimmer of a chance to get back into the team and he grabs it... says a lot about his character....if only some of our other more talented players had a bit of Dan Gosling about them.

Those huge amounts of energy and box to box running don't appear to have left him since he was the Premier League player who ran the furthest a couple of seasons back (14 km per match?). I can see why Eddie would have him climbing up Everest with him.

And yes, maybe he is a prophet. The next 3 matches could be pivotal days for this team! I really hope so.

I would also like to see him captain, nd9Cherry, as we need a man with presence that can command respect from his team, and the opposition. I think he gives everything, even if sometimes his first touch isn't always perfect. Who's is? He would be an inspirational captain because he just doesn't give up chasing - a shining example that would encourage his team mates, and something we certainly could do with right now. A little bit of screaming and shouting at players is also alright on the field from the captain. No need for please and thank you when split second decisions have to be made. Also, from a midfield perspective, he would be able to lead and direct play more easily than any defender; no disrespect to Steve Cook or Franno, they're inspirational too and earned their captaincies but I think it would be a positive move for the team to give Dan the job for a bit at least...

Newcastle shouldn't have let him go. Thanks Toon!

Jules.....quite simply ..this is my Post of 2019!
It says so much.
I noticed it ....but youve nailed it as a very significant observation.

Glad you saw it too Bill! I'm sure it got through Dan's team mates too as it was a bit scary! A little bit of anger and a lot of guts is what we could do with right now. I hate seeing our team bullied into becoming shrinking violets and there are some really nasty villains out there in other teams that love to whack us about and it's time the buck stopped there. We need to stand tall and not expect it to be all about skill and talent. Sure, we've learned the professional side of the game in terms of pro fouls - taking one for the team, and going down when you feel the touch behind you, but we need some gravel, grit and determination too, to let others know that we ain't a soft touch. I'd love to see more of that from several of the players at Brighton on Saturday, then at against West Ham and on into 2020.

Good interview, painfully honest about how he felt watching that, with a fair bit of implied criticism of his teammates

I'd start him against ManU too

Id love to have been a fly on the wall in the changing rooms last night. The way Gosling says words were exchanged backs up Kris Temples tweet

;