Dan Gosling

watching that you can see it means something to him, gozza starting might be the leader on the pitch we need

He’s not the best player tactically but runs his **************** off every single game and gives 110%. No wonder he’s p*ssed off in the stands as a sub watching this drivel.

Just can't see it to be honest, especially if Arter is going. If he was to go though, i would want bloody good money. £6m, as he is a very useful player and should be for the next 5 or 6 years in my opinion.

Just can't see it to be honest, especially if Arter is going. If he was to go though, i would want bloody good money. £6m, as he is a very useful player and should be for the next 5 or 6 years in my opinion.
He's 30 (and a half!). 5-6 years is a tad optimistic for Championship/PL level?

I do agree with your main point that he is a very useful player though. I wonder how happy he is to stay useful rather than first pick.

Last edited:
He's had one, maybe three at a push, seasons in his career where he could justifiably claim he was absolutely first choice and not part of either a rotation system or a squad member.

Gosling.jpg

I really hope he's happy to accept that as it's going to be a tough year and we'll have matches that require the kind of box-to-box dynamism he brings to the team in a way none of our other CM's do. True, it didn't work for him yesterday but time to brush that off and focus on the next match.

If we start losing our squad players as well as the 'stars' then the squad will suddenly look very thin. Lerma will no doubt miss a few games through suspension this year, Cook and Billing still far from convincing and we've lost Surman. We should expect 20+ games from Gosling and only sell if we have a replacement lined up.

I wonder how highly rated Ofoborh is by the club? He looks a bit of a unit so shouldn't get bullied by Championship players and, by accounts, did well in a promotion winning season last year at Wycombe.

If we'd stayed up logically we would have been looking for a Championship loan for him so surely he should be considered as a squad player for us this season?

I really hope he's happy to accept that as it's going to be a tough year and we'll have matches that require the kind of box-to-box dynamism he brings to the team in a way none of our other CM's do. True, it didn't work for him yesterday but time to brush that off and focus on the next match.
I don’t think the formation we played yesterday suits Gosling’s game. With just 2 in the middle you need them to hold position and control the middle of the pitch. By definition, the box-to-box role he plays is the complete opposite of that and can lead us to get overrun.

During the course of a 46 game season there will be plenty of occasions and formations where his dynamic running into the box will be vital so I’m sure he’ll still be a big part of the squad this season

Gosling is another that's out of contract next summer so, if he's indicated to the club he won't sign a new deal, maybe they want to get what they can whilst there's still some value there.

A move to Turkey would be pretty random made all the more so by the fact club he's being linked with is Ankaragucu. My Turkish football knowledge is, shall be say, limited so I'm relying on wikipedia and that makes it sound like they're not far off relegation fodder.

You can understand a player making that move for a bigger wage or to a bigger league as a stepping stone but will Gosling really get that at his stage of his career? It's an odd link.

Gosling is another that's out of contract next summer so, if he's indicated to the club he won't sign a new deal, maybe they want to get what they can whilst there's still some value there.

A move to Turkey would be pretty random made all the more so by the fact club he's being linked with is Ankaragucu. My Turkish football knowledge is, shall be say, limited so I'm relying on wikipedia and that makes it sound like they're not far off relegation fodder.

You can understand a player making that move for a bigger wage or to a bigger league as a stepping stone but will Gosling really get that at his stage of his career? It's an odd link.

Ankaragucu huh?That's easy for you to say!

Top level footballers only have to pay tax of 20% in Turkey on all their earnings including any signing on fees, sponsorship deals and investment income. Plus the cost of living in Turkey is very low.

So to misquote Mrs Merton “what attracted you to the tax haven of Ankaragucu?”.

I've been the first to get on his back in the PL as maybe he was slightly lacking in some areas at such a high level.

But it's great to see his spirit for the team, and his attitude after stepping down a league has been top notch.

3 great moments from him, with two well taken goals and a brilliant pass to Solanke to open the game up at 1-0 with Lermas finish.

What we need is players who aren't too big for this league, despite putting us back here in the first place.

So goodbye King, and goodbye Brooks.

I'll have a Gosling over you any day of the week.

not sure what brooks has done, he had flu, back on the bench tonight. Hopefully no one meets our valuation and will be a big player for us this season.
Would be good if Gosling can keep this form up and cement his place in midfield, he's always been in and out the side. With billing out of sorts his ideal opportunity

I've been the first to get on his back in the PL as maybe he was slightly lacking in some areas at such a high level.

But it's great to see his spirit for the team, and his attitude after stepping down a league has been top notch.

3 great moments from him, with two well taken goals and a brilliant pass to Solanke to open the game up at 1-0 with Lermas finish.

What we need is players who aren't too big for this league, despite putting us back here in the first place.

So goodbye King, and goodbye Brooks.

I'll have a Gosling over you any day of the week.

gosling has in recent years been the one midfielder that gets into the box .
Look there will be some tougher games to come and we do need the quality of brooks and king to open up teams .
If the game was 1-1 with 20 go we would have all been screaming for brooks to come on .
This is a squad thing and rotation is key .

;