Dan Gosling

I've been the first to get on his back in the PL as maybe he was slightly lacking in some areas at such a high level.

But it's great to see his spirit for the team, and his attitude after stepping down a league has been top notch.

3 great moments from him, with two well taken goals and a brilliant pass to Solanke to open the game up at 1-0 with Lermas finish.

What we need is players who aren't too big for this league, despite putting us back here in the first place.

So goodbye King, and goodbye Brooks.

I'll have a Gosling over you any day of the week.
Lol what on earth has Brooks done?

It's funny because of the players left at the club from that great Championship side only Steve Cook was actually part of the starting eleven.

Gosling, Smith and Stanislas are all arguably more likely to start now than they were then. I don't know if that says they've got better, we've got worse or what but they are all key members of the team now (subject to Stan's injury status obviously).

Why do you think he didn't get any minutes Waz?

Likely conjecture, but why would our star, standout player not get a start against Coventry?

If unfit, shouldn't make the bench at all.

Could be the board protecting an asset, but personally I'm not convinced with regards to his absence yesterday.

Why do you think he didn't get any minutes Waz?

Likely conjecture, but why would our star, standout player not get a start against Coventry?

If unfit, shouldn't make the bench at all.

Could be the board protecting an asset, but personally I'm not convinced with regards to his absence yesterday.

He was coming back from illness. Probably fit but still not feeling 100%.

Fair enough.

To only name 5 subs when 6 was available is a major concern.

One was Travers, a keeper. So to only be able to name 4 outfield players as subs is worrying

Only have Danjuma, Kelly and Stanisglass to come back. Who have all had major injury problems in the last forever.

King and Brooks will be gone.

Sure we the quality to undo most teams, but we have no options for replacement strikers, or any quality back up midfielders.

Tindall and the board need to add a few, before we lose both King and Brooks, not after.

If Brooks was not 100% fit then there was absolutely no point in bringing him on last night. At 3-1 the game was over, at 3-1 against only 10 men we could have passed the ball along our back line for the last half hour without Coventry getting a touch.
back to the original post, I agree that Gosling is very much a vital player. Always liked him even when he did cock up a few times in the PL. Always gave 100%. It was great last night to see the banter between him and the coaching staff when they subbed him, a good bit of "why take me off when I am on a hat trick etc ".

Still remains my son’s favourite player - all through the seasons been with us. Gives 100%, covers incredible distances each game, really plays for the shirt and likes a goal. Gets criticised for poor passing (look at negative comments vs Boro) but often shows decent skill.

Fair enough.

To only name 5 subs when 6 was available is a major concern.

One was Travers, a keeper. So to only be able to name 4 outfield players as subs is worrying

Only have Danjuma, Kelly and Stanisglass to come back. Who have all had major injury problems in the last forever.

King and Brooks will be gone.

Sure we the quality to undo most teams, but we have no options for replacement strikers, or any quality back up midfielders.

Tindall and the board need to add a few, before we lose both King and Brooks, not after.

We'll have to wait and see about Brooks and possibly even King. He obviously wants out but if no one comes in for him he'll have to lump it.

Where do you think we need strengthening? If King goes I think we need a striker.

What is your problem with Brooks? You seem determined for him to leave.
Yes agreed, given we've given him the no 7 shirt and slapped a hefty price tag on him, I think its likely he's staying. Kings a different position, he obviously not going to sign a new contract and so we may as well get something for him.

Do you honestly believe we can keep him motivated to play at this level given his status as a rising star?

I believe he wouldn't be motivated to drop down a level when his career and status is on an upward trajectory.

I don't think we should keep anyone who doesn't want to be here (KING WILSON FRSASER ARTER), nor slow anyones career who deserves to play at the highest level (AKE BROOKS).

No problem with him at all, would love to keep him, but its unrealistic.

We don't play Brooks enough for him to make a difference and he is a bit frail..
£10 Mill....to anyone from Fleetwood to Fenerbache ..bobs yer uncle...fannys yer aunt.
Off with King too, Stoke or Everton for another £10 Mill ....lets not f√ck about with galacticos...we is at the top end of t' table without them playing...so there it is.
F√ck - assing about with players who have a plethora of ' excuses ' not to play their nuts off like Gosling... for the Boscombe club....its not on . Get em out of it Pronto Tonto !

Do you honestly believe we can keep him motivated to play at this level given his status as a rising star?

I believe he wouldn't be motivated to drop down a level when his career and status is on an upward trajectory.

I don't think we should keep anyone who doesn't want to be here (KING WILSON FRSASER ARTER), nor slow anyones career who deserves to play at the highest level (AKE BROOKS).

No problem with him at all, would love to keep him, but its unrealistic.

Yes I do. He could go of course but he's as likely to stay too in my view. We'll find out soon won't we.

There is the fact that his form has been pretty crap since lockdown to add into the mix too. If someone offers £40m for him I'd sell personally.

He was a great player for us and still is a good player.

He stated in the press that he wants to play in the 'Champions League'

Nothing in that position in the English league has eventuated.

He is SOLD without a doubt.

Gosling on loan to Forest?

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2021/01/24/report-nottingham-forest-eye-deal-for-dan-gosling/

Seems an odd one unless it's the clear a space for an incoming players. As he's out of contract in the summer it might be a case of another player who has said they won't be staying so we're taking the chance to move on early.

With Ofoborh seemingly set on Rangers and Billing linked with a Newcastle swap we could be set for a real shake up in the centre of the park.

Gosling on loan to Forest?

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2021/01/24/report-nottingham-forest-eye-deal-for-dan-gosling/

Seems an odd one unless it's the clear a space for an incoming players. As he's out of contract in the summer it might be a case of another player who has said they won't be staying so we're taking the chance to move on early.

With Ofoborh seemingly set on Rangers and Billing linked with a Newcastle swap we could be set for a real shake up in the centre of the park.

Perhaps that’s just what we need ...

;