David Brooks

Brooks when fit is clever and talented enough to play wherever across midfield and attack. Ideally you'd want him in a 10 role just behind a forward or two, but he'll add something anywhere.

Last night was fine given how Coventry set up but may prove pretty ineffective against other teams who have more width. There will be matches when we need three up front in which case he's a shoe-in.

With two matches a week, even if we play the two up front, we need to be able to rotate so Danjuma / Brooks switching out for the role behind the striker is an obvious option.

Then there will be matches when we need to go old school 4-4-2.

It's the same argument for fitting in Junior or RoRo.

Nobody has bought Brooks, nobody King.

Supposition, but I'd put money on 50 per cent of them two leaving.

And I think you would too.

He is not playing for Bournemouth is he..not for the Cherries, the Poppies or even guesting for Poole Town...and meanwhile Gosling fires us to the top of the table...
Brooks is not playing Football.. that's it..that's where it is....

Interesting. Who has bought Brooks? Or is this supposition based on him being ill this week?

Fwiw, if someone bids his asking price of course he will be sold. I don't see someone wanting to risk that sum on him at the moment though.
For 50m he is going nowhere. It’s clear we’re pricing him out of a move this season, which is our right. I’d strongly suspect that the asking price will drop if we fail to get promoted.

For 50m he is going nowhere. It’s clear we’re pricing him out of a move this season, which is our right. I’d strongly suspect that the asking price will drop if we fail to get promoted.
LOL

Calls me attention seeking, then answers three of his own successive posts.

X

Last night was fine given how Coventry set up but may prove pretty ineffective against other teams who have more width. There will be matches when we need three up front in which case he's a shoe-in.

With two matches a week, even if we play the two up front, we need to be able to rotate so Danjuma / Brooks switching out for the role behind the striker is an obvious option.

Then there will be matches when we need to go old school 4-4-2.

It's the same argument for fitting in Junior or RoRo.
Really do not believe that we will be going 4-4-2 under Tindal. I get what you’re saying but we played this same system against a very good team (Norwich) who like to exploit the width of the pitch, and still came out on top. Last two games we’ve created numerous good goal scoring chances and have limited two very different style of opponents to very little.

LOL

Calls me attention seeking, then answers three of his own successive posts.

X
I’m discussing the topic, it’s a football forum for discussing football is it not? You on the other hand are posting things that you have no way of knowing are true (King and Brooks are SOLD) in an obvious attempt to get a reaction. And then in the very next post you say that you’d only put money on one of the two being sold....

I can't see the future mate no.

And the fact remains none of them are sold.

I'd put my reality brain on them being sold.

My wishful brain on keeping them both.

My wishful brain thought I'd marry Cindy Crawford and driving a Porsche whilst high on cocaine.

My reality brain..........its your life.

Can you translate that into something close to coherent?
I'll try..here goes.. Brooksy is Not aiding our Championship campaign at present..simply because he don't get on the pitch...he doesn't start any games yet he is our most gifted player !..So what is the point of him staying.

If they stick him in a pair of boots and plonk him on the pitch v QPR...I'll be elated...but it seems not to be on the menu !

I'll try..here goes.. Brooksy is Not aiding our Championship campaign at present..simply because he don't get on the pitch...he doesn't start any games yet he is our most gifted player !..So what is the point of him staying.

If they stick him in a pair of boots and plonk him on the pitch v QPR...I'll be elated...but it seems not to be on the menu !
So you only want a squad of 11?

;