David Brooks

The Manu Trophy Cabinet is a Tropical Fish Tank now. For years it was used by players to stow their headphones and make - up bags during training.
Ole sits in front of it now with the players for hours on end.. he taps his finger on the glass and tells the players to watch the fishies change direction.
Football today is a Funnier Game than ever.

The Manu Trophy Cabinet is a Tropical Fish Tank now. For years it was used by players to stow their headphones and make - up bags during training.
Ole sits in front of it now with the players for hours on end.. he taps his finger on the glass and tells the players to watch the fishies change direction.
Football today is a Funnier Game than ever.
If they bid say £35m and he wants to go let him please. No more players here who want to be elsewhere please, only committed staff. We need to show young players that they can progress through our ranks and go on to bigger things, like Ake. Copy the Brentford model, make money from transfers and build a new stadium, etc....
There are players in the lower leagues who will buy into our ethos and give everything, unlike some players who have "made it", comfortable on inflated wages. WE NEED YOUNG HUNGRY PLAYERS, hopefully Stacey, Kelly Mepham, L Cook, etc will step up and play like we know they can.
Personally, I think that Ibe, Murray, etc fell out with Howe off the pitch and then were never given a fair chance.

I don't think there is a promising player that hasn't been linked with Man United (apart from Fraser of course). Don't think United is quite the draw it used to be for a lot of top players!!!!
Really hope he stays for at least another season as he is a great talent but his injury record isn't the best and managers like Klopp identify future players who are amazingly fit and can quickly recover from injury.

If they bid say £35m and he wants to go let him please. No more players here who want to be elsewhere please, only committed staff. We need to show young players that they can progress through our ranks and go on to bigger things, like Ake. Copy the Brentford model, make money from transfers and build a new stadium, etc....
There are players in the lower leagues who will buy into our ethos and give everything, unlike some players who have "made it", comfortable on inflated wages. WE NEED YOUNG HUNGRY PLAYERS, hopefully Stacey, Kelly Mepham, L Cook, etc will step up and play like we know they can.
Personally, I think that Ibe, Murray, etc fell out with Howe off the pitch and then were never given a fair chance.
I totally agree about the Brentford business model but felt scrapping the whole academy was a bit drastic. 100% need players who will give everything for the club and if that earns them recognition from other clubs then surely that's what the game is about.
In regards to Ibe, i think that boy did his own damage on and off the pitch and Eddie had very little choice but to exclude him from the rest of the squad.

I seriously doubt we will ever build a new stadium ..

I don’t equate selling brooks for £40m as lack of ambition given we have just seen our income plummet and with substantial debt but we need to reinvest some of the income to buy talent in.

It's a typical Manchester United tactic (and probably other big clubs).

They put it about that they might be interested and it turns the player's head and then they try to offer less money because the player will push for such a good.

Makes it much ore difficult for the seller.

Dan James is not going to come down to championship, and if you think we're going to replace these key players once they're sold with anyone half decent you're deluded. All downhill from here

;