David Turnbull

Sky Sports reporting Celtic have just agreed a fee with Motherwell

BREAKING NEWS

Celtic have agreed a fee with Motherwell for midfielder David Turnbull.

Sky sources understand the fee to be £3m with around £250,000 in potential add-ons.

The player will now discuss personal terms with Celtic.

Motherwell FC

We have agreed a fee with Celtic for the potential sale of David Turnbull. Should the deal go through, the value will vastly exceed our previous record fee received. It will be transformational for us as we continue to operate as a fan-owned club. bit.ly/2MMqEhw

Maybe our club were not interested after all.
We've probably got some level of interest in countless players all over the shop, but we can't bid for all of them or even keep active tabs on all of them.

Given that nothing seems to be coming out of the club day-to-day just at the moment, it's quite possible that everyone is on holiday right now!

We've probably got some level of interest in countless players all over the shop, but we can't bid for all of them or even keep active tabs on all of them.

Given that nothing seems to be coming out of the club day-to-day just at the moment, it's quite possible that everyone is on holiday right now!

If Eddie is away, from memory JT has been there to cover for him.

With Eddie we hear about signings once their signature is on the paper, he keeps these things close to his chest because of interest from other clubs.

If Eddie is away, from memory JT has been there to cover for him.

With Eddie we hear about signings once their signature is on the paper, he keeps these things close to his chest because of interest from other clubs.

You guys asked to be kept informed. Do us Well fans ( and yourselves ) a favour and snatch him away from Celtic. I note that other Well fan commenting that he was too young to remember Gary McAllister. I'm going to go one stage further in my assessment of David Turnbull. The three most gifted players I have seen emerge from our youth system in my lifetime -

James McFadden, Brian McClair, and Gary McAllister, with the second two being a cut above. Turnbull is in the same class as McClair and McAllister. If you guys want a player of the calibre of McClair and McAllister at your club, for a mere three million, get your act together.

You guys asked to be kept informed. Do us Well fans ( and yourselves ) a favour and snatch him away from Celtic. I note that other Well fan commenting that he was too young to remember Gary McAllister. I'm going to go one stage further in my assessment of David Turnbull. The three most gifted players I have seen emerge from our youth system in my lifetime -

James McFadden, Brian McClair, and Gary McAllister, with the second two being a cut above. Turnbull is in the same class as McClair and McAllister. If you guys want a player of the calibre of McClair and McAllister at your club, for a mere three million, get your act together.

It will be interesting what the player himself says if he signs and comes to an agreement on personal terms.

He was reported as saying he wanted to sign for Celtic, although this has been denied from our friends on here from North of the Border who mentioned it came from a fan on a forum like this.

As for us stopping him signing for Celtic, if Eddie was really interested and we know Eddie will do the best to get his man even if he was away having a break, he will always be near his mobile.

Eddie lives and breathes AFCB and football, he is a workhorse.

I'm afraid you lost me at James McFadden......:(

Use are 100% interested and asked to be “kept in the loop” of his situation so for me I’d love for you guys (my English team) to match the Celtic bid or even any other English team as I can’t bare him leaving us to go to that lot.

To be honest we have many potential young players, what we need is players who go straight into the team, like a goalkeeper or central mid

To be honest we have many potential young players, what we need is players who go straight into the team, like a goalkeeper or central mid
If he’s as good as we’ve been led to believe, it would be foolish not to take him alongside more experienced players

Unless something suddenly changes, the player turns Celtic down, it looks like a done deal.

We move on to the next rumour/speculation on who might join us.

Daniel James was one rumour that never happened as well.

...rumours eh?

on the list we have;

Jack Butland....the most probable?
Kalvin Phillips...competition building up for him it would seem?
Jack Clarke...probably destined for a bigger club?
Simon Mignolet...another Begovic type?
Harry Wilson...beyond our range I would think in terms of the player himself?
Jay Rodriguez...a bargain buy at 5 million?
Connor Roberts...just wild speculation?
Nick Pope....looks dead in the water with him just having extended his Burnley deal?

...rumours eh?

on the list we have;

Jack Butland....the most probable?
Kalvin Phillips...competition building up for him it would seem?
Jack Clarke...probably destined for a bigger club?
Simon Mignolet...another Begovic type?
Harry Wilson...beyond our range I would think in terms of the player himself?
Jay Rodriguez...a bargain buy at 5 million?
Connor Roberts...just wild speculation?
Nick Pope....looks dead in the water with him just having extended his Burnley deal?

None from abroad either this time.

He's turned down Celtic. Couldn't agree personal terms. Greedy player or mean club?

You could be correct.

David Turnbull’s move to Celtic could be OFF after the Motherwell midfielder rejected a bumper deal at Parkhead.

The Premiership champions had a £3million bid accepted by the Fir Park side on Wednesday and hoped to get the switch over the line today.

But Record Sport can reveal the 19-year-old’s representatives have turned down a lucrative contract offer and are now touting the youngster to clubs in England.

Celtic chiefs are furious with the player’s agent but insist they will not be used as a bargaining tool for a move down south.

Turnbull is currently on holiday and, contrary to reports, has not been back in Glasgow for a medical but the deal is now in real danger of collapse.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...avid-turnbulls-celtic-transfer-could-16518694

Interesting how Celtic choose to air their dirty linen in public. Don’t think it reflects well on them and a turn off for any future signings.

Anyone he’s obviously off somewhere else. Celtic know this so trying to get their fans to blame the player / agent rather than the club

;