Derby - The Verdict

It's all opinions mate and it's a forum.

I believe Tindall doesn't have it.

Billing should have been dubbed on 35 minutes.

Shows a ruthless streak....Tindall is too safe.

You can't blame Tindall if players like Dan Juma and Billing mince about waiting for 'others' to happen..they have to create by harrassing the ball and whatever stands in front of them!

Danjuma was generally quite poor but at the same time he very nearly won us the game. You need players like him to win games when the opposition are ultra defensive. Your criticism here is inaccurate, he doesn't wait for others to do things he tries to do too many things himself.

So I repeat, so you want jt replaced?
Sooner rather than later yeah.

Or the season will be a mirror image of Bradbury.

This is our opportunity to accept relegation, develop a good squad and make them perform.

History will I dictate that Tindall will be a Bradbury.

No proven skills.

good to get a point when we were so poor - that bodes well.
one of those days where stringing two passes together seemed a big ask.
awful playing out from the back, at times cringe worthy.
I guess S Cook, Dom and Smudger were the best of the bunch.
Seemed poor concentration from several players.
extra homework for Rico & Billing.
Brighter from Brooksy & Riquelme; King a bit lack lustre.
Not a disaster, forget it & move on - hopefully Lerma back shortly

Let's hope footy still on this week.

Danjuma was generally quite poor but at the same time he very nearly won us the game. You need players like him to win games when the opposition are ultra defensive. Your criticism here is inaccurate, he doesn't wait for others to do things he tries to do too many things himself.

OK I'm happy to take that onboard as a more accurate assessment. ..he tries to do too many things himself... so the others maybe need to share the load..
I think also we came up against a Derby side hacked off with losing...and we got maybe a bit complacent in the build up...hence the limp start.
Whatever.. its far more interesting than last season!

OK I'm happy to take that onboard as a more accurate assessment. ..he tries to do too many things himself... so the others maybe need to share the load..
I think also we came up against a Derby side hacked off with losing...and we got maybe a bit complacent in the build up...hence the limp start.
Whatever.. its far more interesting than last season!

For ballance I think it was a spot on criticism of Billing, who was/is poor.

Sooner rather than later yeah.

Or the season will be a mirror image of Bradbury.

This is our opportunity to accept relegation, develop a good squad and make them perform.

History will I dictate that Tindall will be a Bradbury.

No proven skills.
Hmm ok you've been drinking

Bradbury took over with zero experience half way through the season. Jt has been assistant to Eddie for 10+ years. Personally i think he has different ideas to Eddie, I.e playing lerma further forward, has been a revelation. Ok 5 at the back has been hit & miss, but early days, but goals against significantly reduced

Last edited:
Personally I think JT has done a fairly decent job so far. OK we are drawing too many games but at no time have we been beaten. There seems to be a certain slowness at getting into games and that needs fixing, Billing out for a start. 81st minute goal in the last two games?

I think Reading might crumble....but I can see Swansea, M' Boro , Stoke and maybe Norwich being difficult to shake off.
I don't buy this sh*t about having the best squad....if that was such a deal we would have stayed up...look at Burnley and Sheff Utd now ffs. and they were miles better than us!
No we are feeding ourselves false notions on that score.....we can do it...but only if the players see the need to improve.
We are not the squad worthy of the Pre- season Hype!..not yet!

The squad was good enough not to get relegated last season and is 100% good enough to go back up this season. As long as the management is up to the task.

Random observations -

* full marks to JT, all three subs made an impact.
* young Riquelme has brought excitement to the pitch each time he has played.
* FT passing stats .... 83% successful. What game was I watching????
* S. Cook ...... very brave as always.
* Danjuma ...... not sure what I was seeing there. Goes down three times very softly. Then, in the last five minutes, pulls out of possible challenges by Derby players in the box. Not seen that before today, maybe just some faulty judgement?

A point is a point, but was counting on 3.

Next opponent just lost to Wycombe. Gotta get 3 there.
Definitely pulled out of two challenges ...

;