Derby - The Verdict

So.eone with a bit of nouse.

Weve bumbled our way to 4 wins and 5 draws.

Under Howe we would have annihilated those few draws.

I know you'll all complain that we are unbeaten and he's doing a magnificent job.

Personally ally I thought we looked god damn awful for 78 minutes.

So.eone with a bit of nouse.

Weve bumbled our way to 4 wins and 5 draws.

Under Howe we would have annihilated those few draws.

I know you'll all complain that we are unbeaten and he's doing a magnificent job.

Personally ally I thought we looked god damn awful for 78 minutes.

So EH?
If only there was someone available who manage the team like he did!!

The squad was good enough not to get relegated last season and is 100% good enough to go back up this season. As long as the management is up to the task.

No...no no no..it WAS NOT good enough to NOT get relegated..We GOT RELEGATED..ffs !

And it is approximately ? % Good enough to go back up..we can only know that % if / when promotion is achieved mathematically!

No...no no no..it WAS NOT good enough to NOT get relegated..We GOT RELEGATED..ffs !

And it is approximately ? % Good enough to go back up..we can only know that % if / when promotion is achieved mathematically!

Seriously, it's not as black n white as that. Looks at the side Howe took over in League 1, right near the bottom of the table in October, then took the same set of players all the way to the top within months.

..we are in quite a transission from relegation, losing our star players, carrying some players who might be struggling for motivation?

JT has stepped into some big shoes and is making some progress with a squad shorn of real investment apart from a couple of loanees..

We must be patient and build prudently in these times of economic lows...I would rather survive as a club (many may not over this season) even if it means hanging around this league for a few years...the PL can wait until we are ready and able, which may not be at this point anyway??

No expectations on JT from me and certainly no calls for his removal from the job!

As we said in midweek, sometimes the best observations about us come from outsiders and neutrals. Many Bristol City fans stated how good we were, men against boys, a class above them. Derby manager yesterday saying a draw was a fair result. Reports from the Watford match stated we played well across the full game. The clubs own fans can be the harshest critics and offer little balance.

As we said in midweek, sometimes the best observations about us come from outsiders and neutrals. Many Bristol City fans stated how good we were, men against boys, a class above them. Derby manager yesterday saying a draw was a fair result. Reports from the Watford match stated we played well across the full game. The clubs own fans can be the harshest critics and offer little balance.
..think sometimes our expecations are beyond our capabilities given the complete turmoil of relegation and the consequences that we are now coping with..

Last time we went up we were possibly the best team ever, this time maybe we want to go up as the worst team ever.

Billing was the problem - he strolled around like he had just got out of bed and then gave away foolish free kick in the most dangerous position from which they scored. It was like having a one man midfield - no surprise that there was no cohesion first half

..we are in quite a transission from relegation, losing our star players, carrying some players who might be struggling for motivation?

JT has stepped into some big shoes and is making some progress with a squad shorn of real investment apart from a couple of loanees..

We must be patient and build prudently in these times of economic lows...I would rather survive as a club (many may not over this season) even if it means hanging around this league for a few years...the PL can wait until we are ready and able, which may not be at this point anyway??

No expectations on JT from me and certainly no calls for his removal from the job!
A very sensible post. I echo every sentiment expressed here.

Terrible first half, some really poor individual performances and the wrong tactics for this game. Three at the back is fine for tough games against top sides but it was a waste today.

One positive is that JT clearly has enough about him as a manager to inspire improved second half performances. As poor as the scoreline is we created plenty of chances in the second half, certainly enough to win the game, and it is difficult to break down ultra defensive sides.
We need a manager.......an experienced one.

Tindall ain't got it.
Wind up merchant.
It's all opinions mate and it's a forum.

I believe Tindall doesn't have it.

Billing should have been dubbed on 35 minutes.

Shows a ruthless streak....Tindall is too safe.
Fair enough ,but I think he has good it.but like you say it's all opinions

;